Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
The documentary special "The End" is way better than anything in Season 5.
It easy to forget how good the show was, the opportunities it gave young black professionals, and the impact it had when we just comment on the current show episode by episode.

I highly recommend it, and it deserves its own thread.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
I don't know how anyone can doubt the company that put blockbuster out of business.

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
Issa and Lawerence at are their best when they’re together. They get each other. They both fukked around with a bunch of people but nothing filled the void of them not being together. They always find themselves coming back together. The difference is that Issa knows what she wants now. They both needed to succeed solo and go through mad people to realize that the other is what was missing.
Hoe babble. Lawerence knew what he wanted from the beginning of show and got it. Issa is the one who had growing up to do.

Issa wanted to experience being tossed around, Lawrence wanted to be a square ass simp. Lawerence tried being a hoe and he didn't like it; fukked around and settle with the wrong chick. Issa found out being a hoe is mentally draining for someone with dreams and aspirations so tried to settle with a crazy nikka.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
The documentary special "The End" is way better than anything in Season 5.
It easy to forget how good the show was, the opportunities it gave young black professionals, and the impact it had when we just comment on the current show episode by episode.

I highly recommend it, and it deserves its own thread.
I agree about it being better than anything in S5. The only thing it didn’t have that I wish it did was a segment about the music.

Would’ve been cool to have a word from Raphael Saadiq or whoever on the music side of the show to talk through the importance/impact of it over the years.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I agree about it being better than anything in S5. The only thing it didn’t have that I wish it did was a segment about the music.

Would’ve been cool to have a word from Raphael Saadiq or whoever on the music side of the show to talk through the importance/impact of it over the years.

I think they focused more on all the people that essentially got their break on Insecure and made the show what it is. I would have liked to hear Raphael Saadiq as well but he is established already. shyt Solange had involvement with the music on the show at one point too

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: I wish I can prop or dap whoever said all they did was dribble out the shot clock on this. Even the Finale was just one big long-ass slide show:hhh:. This series deserves its flowers; I'm surprized how little criticism this season and finale has gotten from the public

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Marathoned the show up through season 4. Nathan comes across as a better character in this rewatch, but he is barely in the damn show up through this point it feels like

Season 3 and 4 were great, I think 4 holds up a lot better when not viewed week to week

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: I wish I can prop or dap whoever said all did was dribble out the shot clock on this. Even the Finale was just one big long-ass slide show:hhh:. This series deserves its flowers; I'm surprized how little criticism this season and finale has gotten from the public

It was on FB. But folks were defending it so hard, I think folks started to ease up.

It was wild to see.