Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It's actually good, nothing to take serious. Her other show, First, is PHENOMENAL

So what's the deal with this now, bc I have never heard anything about this continuing and on the official Twitter the creator is crowdfunding a movie continuation.

I don't see Issa Rae production company listed in the bio or links either.....they had a falling out?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This confirms why I always hated Lawrence. You can tell he's like his character in real life. And :dame:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:mjlol: I wish I can prop or dap whoever said all they did was dribble out the shot clock on this. Even the Finale was just one big long-ass slide show:hhh:. This series deserves its flowers; I'm surprized how little criticism this season and finale has gotten from the public
Maybe the public actually like the serous and the finale :ohhh:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
After a rewatch the character that got fukked over the most is Daniel. Issa stayed doing him dirty when he was simping for her

The writers couldn't figure out how to expand his storyline so they just wrote him out abruptly

Daps
After a rewatch the character that got fukked over the most is Daniel. Issa stayed doing him dirty when he was simping for her

The writers couldn't figure out how to expand his storyline so they just wrote him out abruptly

I think the actor got cast in a movie so they had write him out. He was the lead in a pull Purge movie that would have conflicted w/ shooting.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I think the actor got cast in a movie so they had write him out. He was the lead in a pull Purge movie that would have conflicted w/ shooting.

Oh yeah? I remember that purge movie but I figured it was shot in the off season

I was just kinda going off what we saw in the show plus what they said in the winedowns about struggling with his character

Daps
They really didnt go anywhere with Daniels storyline, not even a small cameo after season 3 which is surprising since he was so important to the initial trajectory of the show

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Let me keep it real on rewatch Condola did not come off really bad at all in Season 4, insecure Lawrence flew off the handle at Thanksgiving just like he did with Aparna in Season 2.

If anything she was more wrong for flaking on Issa and how she handled the whole Block Party situations...

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Even the last season is better when watched together not week to week. Looking back I wish Issa would have just went with her gut and kept Lawrence and Issa apart, you cant digress his character that much in the final 2 minutes of the penultimate episode just to get a fan pleaser ending.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Even the last season is better when watched together not week to week. Looking back I wish Issa would have just went with her gut and kept Lawrence and Issa apart, you cant digress his character that much in the final 2 minutes of the penultimate episode just to get a fan pleaser ending.
fan service. If this was real life she would have forced Nathan to go to therapy and he would have got his shyt together

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
She fell off. She looks a little old now.
She a mom now, that happens but she still a 9 to me. Fell down a couple decimals but she not ugly.

Can't believe Dro from the show knocked her up lol.

This confirms why I always hated Lawrence. You can tell he's like his character in real life. And :dame:

Corny nikka!