Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
See. It’s all subtle details that makes this finale so good in my book. The only ex was stupid Nathan & he was quickly shown the door after tryin to plead his case. Once issa became confident she no longer had to second guess a thing and just let life happen.
42464ba1d628814a060ca79c1e9087c6_w200.gif

Let me go watch this documentary

where is the documentsry again? hbo max?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Kelly could’ve started dating this guy after her “death”, molly and Taurean could’ve been dating from episode one so we could see their relationship develop, like others have said, Lawrence and Issa could’ve either just stayed together or got back together earlier, the Nate detour and playing house with condola were unnecessary, this has nothing to do with length of episodes or attention spans, it’s about pacing storylines throughout a whole season
They basically yadayada’d all the good shyt to focus on inconsequential moments. Considering the end game there was no need to spend so much time with Nathan or Crenshawn

I just hate the Hollywood ending of Issa is sure of herself now and things just work out happily ever after. I would’ve liked to see this final season show what secure Molly and Issa look like while navigating their new paths in their relationships and overcoming those insecurities while in the relationship. Show the stress of coparenting or Issa being Insecure if she’s more important than the child or baby’s momma. They could’ve dug into Molly and balancing the power imbalance of Taurean being made partner and her overcoming that IMO and it would’ve been more interesting than what we got.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I have to hand it to Issa Raye. Shorty knows how to evoke emotion out of people. This shyt triggered the fukk out of me. I been where lawrence is. shyt is wack.

Lawrence acting is superb. I wouldn’t mind a spin off for a season.

Edit: Derek is a bytch...
Worst feeling ever. Man, bringing a kid into this world where you and the moms dont fukk with each other like that. No matter what you do, not enough.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Misunderstood genius? :jbhmm:
both season "failures" but serve their purpose for the most part

season 2 of the wire was a hard watch but the docks and the greeks play into the whole story so its a necessary evil kinda like how this season of insecure was. Sure it was rushed, made no damn sense etc., but it was I guess needed so we can see how issa love life pans out for the sake of the story

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wish Issa didn't end up with Lawrence

Now they're validating bird babble
What bird babble is being validated…this shyt happens all the time. My bro and his girl are deadass one of those couples. On and off for 14 years and now expecting a kid and getting married. Love ain’t always neat, and yes, some people do come back around to the one person who they really fukk with

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They basically yadayada’d all the good shyt to focus on inconsequential moments. Considering the end game there was no need to spend so much time with Nathan or Crenshawn

I just hate the Hollywood ending of Issa is sure of herself now and things just work out happily ever after. I would’ve liked to see this final season show what secure Molly and Issa look like while navigating their new paths in their relationships and overcoming those insecurities while in the relationship. Show the stress of coparenting or Issa being Insecure if she’s more important than the child or baby’s momma. They could’ve dug into Molly and balancing the power imbalance of Taurean being made partner and her overcoming that IMO and it would’ve been more interesting than what we got.
They saving this for the $20/ticket they charge your ass when they drop an insecure movie in 3-5 years :mjgrin:

but yea, seeing at least a couple of episodes of all the characters as secure would’ve been nice

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The LSA forum was tight.

“UGH We ALWAYS GO BACK TO THE MEN WITH BABY MOMMAS”

“SHES SUCH A PICK ME”

“ISSA WASS THE REAL LOSER”

:russ:

idk how you even look at that place. Issa got what she wanted at the end of the day all things said, my only issue was the journey there was some fairytale stuff lol.