Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Did Issa & Lawrence get married? She definitely had a ring on in the bathroom :patrice:

I knew it!

Engaged. They didn't hide it though because when she was on the phone with Molly (when Molly was on vacation with Taurean for the honeymoon), Issa asks "is this what I have to look forward to?"

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
meh, she had a chance to move on from someone and a situation that went foul. All this season preaches is the idea of "the one that got away" in regards to relationships as if there is ONLY 1 person meant for you out there when you can very well find anyone so long as you're WILLING to accept them and not hold on to your past. Life might not go as planned but not everyone needs to settle. She made it seem as if black women have to take a compromise for love instead of achieving what they feel they deserve and that black men should forget trying to make things work with a bm situation that could very well be fruitful. They both self-sabotaged each other so that they could be together imo

Nathan and Issa were dope
Condola and Lawrence became dope

in the end they chose to fukk up their situations so they could reuinite :yeshrug:

I was with you til you said Nathan and Issa was dope, Nathan was cool but he had his issues and he was caught up in Issa holding pattern of getting a guy and not sure where things are going

condola and Lawrence wasn’t good either, the relationship had run it’s course, her and him playing house was so wild, because she pretty much came back in his life like a whirlwind and then pushed him away i could have dealt with that not even being a story

i actually agree with this sentiment

molly did a lot of growing in this show and at the beginning of all this was their friendship. Whoever nikka they end up with is whatever but what matters is they stuck together and i kinda realize now with the final moment of this show

Issa got us all debating and talking so i think she got what she wanted with this finale lmao:russ:

exactly Issa got err body talking

This is exactly how I feel. The whole season was filler. They made two interesting writing decisions at the beginning of the season… 1) To time jump through Issa and Molly’s fall out. 2) To break Issa and Lawrence back up. #2 is really perplexing given the ending. Them getting back together at the end of last season felt earned. Them being together at the end of this season felt like a rush job for a happy ending.

That was half the story, #2 so no telling what the story will be if they did, according to them, it was 3 finals written

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
timeout - am i the only one sorta confused by the Nathan scene? why didn't Issa at least call him out for disappearing on her for a second time?

i feel like Nathan said a lot without any context - "i was hurt", "this messiness is toxic", "everything i'm dealing with", etc. :unimpressed:

finally we got some closure on the Molly's mom storyline. :demonic:

:heh: @ the horrible Greece background when Molly was on her honeymoon....she went from being practically bald to rocking wild wigs. i get it was all about reinventing herself, etc...but just seemed weird.

no sight of Kelli's baby?

and again, the acting and dialogue just seemed...out of sorts. it just all seems choppy/jumpy.

since i watch on HBO Max, i think i enjoyed Prentice and Issa's 10m recap more than the episode itself.

i do appreciate the show, and it was cool to watch over the years. gonna miss Issa's sexy ass skin. :takedat:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
This was a Covid season. The Nathan thing felt like they left something off. The Denver thing felt like they left something off.

the other stuff I may just not have paid enough attention to or didn’t understand the symbolic meaning behind it. Like why have that scene with Dro? Or that scene with Aric?

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Finale was satisfying

Issa overcame her insecurities and did what makes her happy

Molly got her happy ending. As close to one most ppl will ever get

Kelly deserved more from the writers over the course of the series. Happy she got from working underneath the white man and with Mollys firm

And is Tiffany still miserable in Colorado? Guess we'll never know

Give the series a B- ... Pacing the last few seasons has been off... the minor characters were mishandled

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i actually agree with this sentiment

molly did a lot of growing in this show and at the beginning of all this was their friendship. Whoever nikka they end up with is whatever but what matters is they stuck together and i kinda realize now with the final moment of this show

Issa got us all debating and talking so i think she got what she wanted with this finale lmao:russ:

I get that this could be the real love story because I loved watching the journey of their friendship throughout…but why the fukk did they invest so much in Nathan then?

I personally feel that it fukked with the quality of this final season.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I get that this could be the real love story because I loved watching the journey of their friendship throughout…but why the fukk did they invest so much in Nathan then?

I personally feel that it fukked with the quality of this final season.
Someone in here said that Covid may have caused some of the filler bullshyt and I agree

Some of the shyt didn’t make sense where it was placed but I’m thinking maybe they wanted to stay true to the idea that of therapy and mental health. Amanda Seales was having post tramautic syndrome after having the kid, Molly went and did therapy after almost fighting Issa and Lawrence had his bouts of depression when he was broke with Issa. I’m assuming Nathan added to that idea but we ain’t even see him talk to anyone or do anything except work the shop and hangout with Issa:what:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev