Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Loved this amazing show, just showing everyday life shyt from young black folks:salute:
It’s now in my top 10 along with Atlanta :smugdraper:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I understand these thoughts, but, in a world where you don’t know how long you will last, 30 min episodes, short attention spans, how much time can they dedicate to a character or plot point? they knew the show was ending so they wrapped it up best as they could, for me this was cool, i could have delt without mollys mom dying, that served no purpose
Kelly could’ve started dating this guy after her “death”, molly and Taurean could’ve been dating from episode one so we could see their relationship develop, like others have said, Lawrence and Issa could’ve either just stayed together or got back together earlier, the Nate detour and playing house with condola were unnecessary, this has nothing to do with length of episodes or attention spans, it’s about pacing storylines throughout a whole season

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had some genuinely good moments and some :snoop: moments through this szn. I’m watching the whole ep waiting for her to get this shyt over with and get this nikka Larry back :mjlol:

I was a few yrs late on this, but regardless of the fall off from the high heights they started at, I’m glad this show exists, and it still ranks :ehh:

I had chalked it up to some strictly-for-women shyt until I got put on (ironically still by women :lolbron:)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Had some genuinely good moments and some :snoop: moments through this szn. I’m watching the whole ep waiting for her to get this shyt over with and get this nikka Larry back :mjlol:

I was a few yrs late on this, but regardless of the fall off from the high heights they started at, I’m glad this show exists, and it still ranks :ehh:

I had chalked it up to some strictly-for-women shyt until I got put on (ironically still by women :lolbron:)

you’re welcome :hug:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
There’s like 2-3 shows ever imo that have a great series finale / final season so it’s whatever if I wasn’t crazy about the ending including most the season.

Overall it was a good, interesting watch more times than not. Good on Issa Rae for getting 5 seasons deep with an HBO show. She elevated her career something crazy off this.
almost all shows have a terrible season. we were fortunate enough to enjoy this for 4 seasons and have it fall flat in the last season :ehh:not bad in grand scheme of things. we got to see lawrence and issa journeys from that little apartment with their broke jobs to what they are now was pretty damn interesting

but with that said this season was def predictable which made it lose its allure on a weekly basis. Molly and issa patching up in 5 seconds downplayed their fight last season, we all knew nathan was a bust and a lot of this season just felt like filler that went nowhere.