Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Damn I’m sad the show is over. shyt must been hard for the people who actually worked on the show. People develop real life bonds behind that shyt. I’m glad Issa was given the opportunity to thrive and put out a quality product. She opened a lot doors for the next gen of black story tellers on television. It’s mad important to see yourself properly represented in anything.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
There’s like 2-3 shows ever imo that have a great series finale / final season so it’s whatever if I wasn’t crazy about the ending including most the season.

Overall it was a good, interesting watch more times than not. Good on Issa Rae for getting 5 seasons deep with an HBO show. She elevated her career something crazy off this.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Did Issa & Lawrence get married? She definitely had a ring on in the bathroom :patrice:

I knew it!

See. It’s all subtle details that makes this finale so good in my book. The only ex was stupid Nathan & he was quickly shown the door after tryin to plead his case. Once issa became confident she no longer had to second guess a thing and just let life happen.
42464ba1d628814a060ca79c1e9087c6_w200.gif

Let me go watch this documentary

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Seeing all the black people (black women specifically) Issa put on was so fukking dope.
And the format she created for modern television shows centered around black women. I have watched so many of them and they have the Insecure format but set in another city. I’ve seen some critique Twenties to be one but main character is a brown skinned lesbian who is a screwing up left & right tryin to make things happen. Run the world same concept as Insecure. First Wives Club. Nothing like the movie, just Insecure with 40 somethings women dealing with divorce. And Harlem, Insecure again with a lesbian and the main character is trying to make everything right about everything she questions in love and her work life while leaning on her friends for guidance.

I know there were shows like this before but after living single, we had none until Girlfriends. And once that ended… we didn’t have anything until Insecure. Issa really changed the game.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And the format she created for modern television shows centered around black women. I have watched so many of them and they have the Insecure format but set in another city. I’ve seen some critique Twenties to be one but main character is a brown skinned lesbian who is a screwing up left & right tryin to make things happen. Run the world same concept as Insecure. First Wives Club. Nothing like the movie, just Insecure with 40 somethings women dealing with divorce. And Harlem, Insecure again with a lesbian and the main character is trying to make everything right about everything she questions in love and her work life while leaning on her friends for guidance.

I know there were shows like this before but after living single, we had none until Girlfriends. And once that ended… we didn’t have anything until Insecure. Issa really changed the game.
I just learned that the light skin “villain” from the YouTube show created Harlem and First Wives Club.