Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this shyt was a wack ending...i'm sorry but in retrospect, these are the storylines that should have been building throughout the season instead of so much of the filler. the time jumps felt cheap, it robbed these storylines of impact (molly's mom dying...yea, some of yall are gonna bring up the episode dedicated to her in the hospital, but it's because of that that it shouldn't have been a 2 min plot point in a bloated finale) and overall just made it feel like a rush job to create beautiful neat endings. i'm fine with neat endings, but they should've spent more time building to them as opposed to throwing like half of them into a finale.

overall a B+ series to me - i like this show but never had quite the attachment to it as most others - but the final season, now that's it's complete, definitely left more to be desired.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Good wine down between Issa and Prentice as well. Apparently she had written a finale that was 75% set in Morocco on a girl's trip between her and Molly that included a fake Rihanna impersonator named Ribabba

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I'm not mad at that finale :ehh:

Pretty much agree with most of the comments here and I enjoyed Issa driving through her old spots. The show has always been shot well and Issa looked the best she has looked in a number of scenes :wow:

I liked the bathroom conversation with Molly, considering where they were at the end of last season :ehh:

Overall Insecure really was a unique show. Always liked how they showed love to older black shows with casting, the direction, and perfectly timed music cues.

Issa the character certainly came a long way, but the awkward moments are some of the show's best like her calling Lawrence and being surprised he picked up, along with the Louis Armstrong impression :mjlol:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
this shyt was a wack ending...i'm sorry but in retrospect, these are the storylines that should have been building throughout the season instead of so much of the filler. the time jumps felt cheap, it robbed these storylines of impact (molly's mom dying...yea, some of yall are gonna bring up the episode dedicated to her in the hospital, but it's because of that that it shouldn't have been a 2 min plot point in a bloated finale) and overall just made it feel like a rush job to create beautiful neat endings. i'm fine with neat endings, but they should've spent more time building to them as opposed to throwing like half of them into a finale.

overall a B+ series to me - i like this show but never had quite the attachment to it as most others - but the final season, now that's it's complete, definitely left more to be desired.

I understand these thoughts, but, in a world where you don’t know how long you will last, 30 min episodes, short attention spans, how much time can they dedicate to a character or plot point? they knew the show was ending so they wrapped it up best as they could, for me this was cool, i could have delt without mollys mom dying, that served no purpose