Toronto
Lawrence Hive :handshake: Logan Roy

anigif_sub-buzz-5991-1639607737-10.gif

:salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This last episode was…interesting..

For not one second did I believe that Issa wasn’t going to end up with Lawrence, it was a foregone conclusion. I wish they would have gotten that out of the way earlier in the episode (though I enjoyed the scene where they reconciled) and focused on other things like showing a little more of the emotional fall out from Molly’s mother’s death and Issa trying to expand Block.

Overall this episode had a lot of SCENES that I enjoyed but I feel as an episode of television it felt a bit disjointed.

I liked the call backs to earlier seasons. I loved the cinematography. It just felt like, even with an expanded runtime, that they still rushed the finale.

Its not the worst thing i’ve ever seen and it doesn’t ruin the series or subsequent re-watches. I’ll give the episode a 6.5/10 and the season as a whole a 7.5/10. The series as a whole is a strong 8 and I can definitely see myself binging it again in the future.

Shoutouts to Issa Rae and her team. Overall they really made a great series that will go down as a modern classic in black television.

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I liked the finale, I think overall it was a great show for the entire run.

Kinda proved our point that Nathan was a waste of time. I liked the cameos of the blood at the old apartments, the white girl at we got yall and the rite aid from the first episode with a best buy employee

I never really thought Molly was a bad actress until that scene where she gets the phone call....she was shaky. Again in the farewell to Issa it didn't hit like that

I like that the series ended between Issa and Molly and the lack of reflection shows Issa isn't insecure anymore

I'm sad it's over :mjcry:. We'll never get a show like this again....a lot of imitators though

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good emotional finale, season was all over the place but it went out and it came in. There’s def gonna be a void of good black comedies on tv left after this

For sure.

On the bright side, Atlanta will be back in March but still I’m not sure what will be next to fill the void from Insecure

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was prepared to be disappointed but I'm satisfied with how this ended.

I thought it was fine as well, the time jumps were all over the place but all in all, I like where it ended up. You just get the sense watching this season Issa just wants to be done with it so she can move on to being a media mogul

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
For sure.

On the bright side, Atlanta will be back in March but still I’m not sure what will be next to fill the void from Insecure
Guess we’ll see how Rap shyt goes. Love Life S2 was great but that’s an anthology. Insecure definitely set a new high-bar for black television. That cinematography and soundtrack composition was in a league of its own.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Guess we’ll see how Rap shyt goes. Love Life S2 was great but that’s an anthology. Insecure definitely set a new high-bar for black television. That cinematography and soundtrack composition was in a league of its own.

I haven’t checked out Love Life yet but I’ve heard good things