Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Didn't make any sense for Lawrence to take Condola to that party. They're not together and she doesn't know those people,

facts
they keep trying to give them couples energy which throws everything off.
:mjlol:
Lawrence is the one that should have stayed at Home.

Candola is Tiffany's friend, that's why she was there

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The endgame being Issa choosing herself :ohhh:

They’re telegraphing the shyt outta this. She’s gonna walk away from both and walk into the sunset as as renewed single black woman who don’t need nobody. The key theme is her being “secure”.

If that’s the end I’m cool with it. But it’s pretty lame and this last season is a waste of potential storylines.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This is pretty accurate. People keep overlooking that Lawrence and Issa both worked and didn't work because they were effectively mirrors of each other. They both needed someone to occasionally tell them that what they think or want is right. The differences are that Lawrence has moved beyond needing that validation in his professional life, and occasionally needs it in is personal life. He mostly got to that conclusion off screen, while Issa has made most of that play out on screen.

But as someone who has been in a similar situation with trying to work it out with an ex (didn't get cheated on, only got bushed once instead of twice), I get where his train of thought came from, though. When it's clear that you two might've just met each other at the wrong time, and you start seeing yourself succeed in the fashion you want in almost every else, you can't help but think that you can fix one of your previous losses. He just went about it all wrong because he was stuck in his own thoughts, and had that exchange with Nathan in his head, too.

I think it’s fine for Lawrence to have these feelings and even want to try to get Issa back. I think it’s dumb af for him to throw shade at her new bf at a party and then almost try to fight him. All that shyt feels totally out of character. A more fitting move would be him seeing Nathan and Issa, feeling someway, but striking a conversation with Issa in private. Then saying, “now is not the time and I know you got a new man. But can we meet and have a talk soon? I promise I just need 30 minutes of your time. I want to get some stuff off my chest and after all we’ve been through, you could at least give me a half hour to chat.”

I’ve done somethin similar. It’s up to Issa to say yes or even to tell Nathan. If she says no, Lawrence moves on. All that “fighting” for your love shyt is only something men who wear their hearts on their sleeves do… and Lawrence ain’t like that. This is behavior I’d expect out of Daniel or Dro or somebody.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Season has been ok

Not a fan of the Issa/Lawrence/Nathaniel arc... Would hate if Nat only served as a catalyst to putting Issa and L back together

Never thought Kelly was all that funny. Especially these last couple eps

Do appreciate the storyline with Molly and her parents estate planning ...

She used to be funny like in season 1 and maybe 2… she became real corny as the season went on.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
A lot of people here aren’t separating that, the forced fight, which I agree just didn’t feel like it fit, with how he could still be pining for her. They’re two separate things. It’s within character and realistic that he still wants/loves Issa, but the fight thing just felt rushed/forced from both sides - Nate and Lawrence.

I separated it. I was probably the first to separate it. I never said there was anything wrong with hi. Wanting to explain himself but it just didn't fit that he would go all John Cusack in Say Anything at THAT moment.

It just didn't make sense to me. Did they have plans for Jay but got mad when he decided to film Top Gun, so they consistently like to make Lawrence look like an irrational fukkin idiot?