Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Episode was hella messy... but fukk all that. Can we take a minute and admire how fukking fine Condola is....:whoo:

h4J6HlD.jpg
:comeon:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Lol, that’s resolved to you? There literally were no dead feelings there, simply a woman who couldn’t take seeing her love forever be attached to a child that’s not hers and another woman. Man, this is some real ass shyt, nothing like seeing your love, the person you wanted kids and life with, end up having a kid with someone else first in a period where y’all weren’t together. This situation happens all the time IRL - 1) the chick in Issa’s spot usually needs some time away to process how and why they’re feeling that way 2) I think it’s always best to give the parents space to see if it would work as we all generally agree that being raised by both of your parents in one house is the optimal outcome, as a woman, you may not want to do that based on how you feel about the man, but it’s some shyt you chalk up and do because it’s right, it’s also a defense mechanism as a lot of baby momma/baby daddy situations slip back into sexual relationships in those early days, Issa walking away protects her from that potential. Like there was absolutely nothing that happened to dead their feelings for one another, simply a situation that Issa couldn’t handle and one Lawrence didn’t know how to approach either.
I agree with what you’re saying about real life. My problem is that you’re filling in a lot of blanks that the writing on the show should have.

Once again they show has Issa running away without communicating or having that conversation and then framing it as if Lawrence is in the wrong for not fighting or chasing someone that has a history of running.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
There was really no build up to this outburst from Lawrence. He ain't been worried about Issa all season and after that one conversation with Chad now he is pouring his heart? That all just came out of nowhere. Don't really care for the Nathan character but he didn't deserve to be put in that situation.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I been watching this show since day 1, but this season has been a let down. Plot aint intriguing, it aint as funny and some of the scenarios have me wondering are these nikkas 26 or in their early 30s? I relate less to this show at 31 than i did at 26 when it first came out :yeshrug:

Chad and Kelli are my favorite characters. Chad shoulda definitely had a more prominent role

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I agree with what you’re saying about real life. My problem is that you’re filling in a lot of blanks that the writing on the show should have.

Once again they show has Issa running away without communicating or having that conversation and then framing it as if Lawrence is in the wrong for not fighting or chasing someone that has a history of running.
I don’t think that’s how it was framed at all. She ran over a situation that she couldn’t handle and he also hasn’t done anything to reach out to her knowing how he feels, they can both be true. I don’t see anything being framed as he’s wrong, simply “if you’re feeling that way, you haven’t done shyt about it/to change it”

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but that’s just a moment. People have out of character moments all of the time. I could see Lawrence having that moment there with Issa and Nathan, etc, but I couldn’t see him waking up the next morning and not regretting it or chasing Issa again in the same manner.

Brehs really be out here forgetting that pride is damn near as undefeated as father time when it comes to make you do some out of pocket shyt.

I really didn't feel the build up to the Nathan/Lawrence thing.

Vastly different from when Lawrence confronted Issa about Daniel in earlier seasons. Nathan didn't even know Lawrence moved back in town before the party. Maybe if there were more queues shown throughout the season that Nathan felt threatened by Lawrence it would have resonated with me more, idk

Yeah, they definitely rushed it. But I'm gathering that we're supposed to add up that the prior talk about her being inconsistent was supposed to stack up with Issa telling him that she knew Lawrence had moved back a few months ago had put him a bit on edge. I told my girl when we were watching that she came with that info a little too quick for Nathan to not at least raise an eyebrow to it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Brehs really be out here forgetting that pride is damn near as undefeated as father time when it comes to make you do some out of pocket shyt.

yea I’d argue that what Lawrence did had zero pride involved. In fact, “nikka have some fukking pride” is precisely what I’d say to Lawrence in a situation like that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
yea I’d argue that what Lawrence did had zero pride involved. In fact, “nikka have some fukking pride” is precisely what I’d say to Lawrence in a situation like that.

Yes. I think that people forget you can mix pride WITH emotion and oftentimes you have a better outcome when you do

Like I said previously, Lawrence did the RIGHT thing at the WRONG moment. I know he was spurred by the news that Issa and Nathan were going to be living together and that probably made him act quickly. But the SMART thing to do would be to go home, cool off, and within 24 hours call Issa and ask her out to lunch or to the park or something similar to what he did last season.

THEN you let it hang all out. There’a no boyfriend to get in the way or other friends to make it messy. Just you and her. And when its just you and her, thats when it gets real.