Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Episode was hella messy... but fukk all that. Can we take a minute and admire how fukking fine Condola is....:whoo:

h4J6HlD.jpg

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Lol, that’s resolved to you? There literally were no dead feelings there, simply a woman who couldn’t take seeing her love forever be attached to a child that’s not hers and another woman. Man, this is some real ass shyt, nothing like seeing your love, the person you wanted kids and life with, end up having a kid with someone else first in a period where y’all weren’t together. This situation happens all the time IRL - 1) the chick in Issa’s spot usually needs some time away to process how and why they’re feeling that way 2) I think it’s always best to give the parents space to see if it would work as we all generally agree that being raised by both of your parents in one house is the optimal outcome, as a woman, you may not want to do that based on how you feel about the man, but it’s some shyt you chalk up and do because it’s right, it’s also a defense mechanism as a lot of baby momma/baby daddy situations slip back into sexual relationships in those early days, Issa walking away protects her from that potential. Like there was absolutely nothing that happened to dead their feelings for one another, simply a situation that Issa couldn’t handle and one Lawrence didn’t know how to approach either.
They wanted Lawrence to become a TLR HOH GMB avenger.

He went from “ain’t shyt” to getting his heartbroken to getting his shyt together. If this nikkas fukking hoes and flexing on Issa he was be thecoli GOAT :mjlol:

I honestly did not know Lawrence was being looked at like this. nikkas writing wall of text and mad at the show because this nikka wants to be with his ex :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They wanted Lawrence to become a TLR HOH GMB avenger.

He went from “ain’t shyt” to getting his heartbroken to getting his shyt together. If this nikkas fukking hoes and flexing on Issa he was be thecoli GOAT :mjlol:

I honestly did not know Lawrence was being looked at like this. nikkas writing wall of text and mad at the show because this nikka wants to be with his ex :mjlol:
Deadass, the fantasies of eternally single TLR nikkas living off Kevin Samuels :duck: about “high value men” got them so confused as to how shyt plays out with people who got a whole 5 yr relationship under them and deep love for one another

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Extrapolate that tho. Say you got cheated on and then bushed even if it was a for a legitimate reason. Would you still be pressed over her after ALL of that shyt? If you and I wrote the opposite tv show would people not question why Issa wouldn’t just move on and focus on raising her child instead of uncharacteristically trying to get back to a man who doesn’t know what he wants and is stringing along another woman while he figures it out?
I feel like I’m in the twilight zone sometimes with how this show is critiqued.
People would question why she would still wanna be with him just like people rightfully question why Lawrence would still want Issa. The issue here is whether it is REALISTIC, and it is VERY realistic for Lawrence to still be hung up on her, because we see that shyt all of the time in real life. The leveling up and then wanting to go back and try to repair past failed relationships is something I’ve done on multiple times.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
People would question why she would still wanna be with him just like people rightfully question why Lawrence would still want Issa. The issue here is whether it is REALISTIC, and it is VERY realistic for Lawrence to still be hung up on her, because we see that shyt all of the time in real life. The leveling up and then wanting to go back and try to repair past failed relationships is something I’ve done on multiple times.

its not just the wanting to go back. It’s him being pressed to fight a nikka over her. That shyt was crazy fam. He was desperate and fiendish almost. Completely out of character.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its not just the wanting to go back. It’s him being pressed to fight a nikka over her. That shyt was crazy fam. He was desperate and fiendish almost. Completely out of character.
Yeah but that’s just a moment. People have out of character moments all of the time. I could see Lawrence having that moment there with Issa and Nathan, etc, but I couldn’t see him waking up the next morning and not regretting it or chasing Issa again in the same manner.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
A lot of people here aren’t separating that, the forced fight, which I agree just didn’t feel like it fit, with how he could still be pining for her. They’re two separate things. It’s within character and realistic that he still wants/loves Issa, but the fight thing just felt rushed/forced from both sides - Nate and Lawrence.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I really didn't feel the build up to the Nathan/Lawrence thing.

Vastly different from when Lawrence confronted Issa about Daniel in earlier seasons. Nathan didn't even know Lawrence moved back in town before the party. Maybe if there were more queues shown throughout the season that Nathan felt threatened by Lawrence it would have resonated with me more, idk

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’d also like to point out that its a bit ironic that the most mature person at the entire party turned out to be Nathan.

While Molly was busy getting high and fukking her new man at her BEST FRIEND’s going away party, while Lawrence was busy instigating confrontations and selfishly confessing his love at one of his BEST FRIEND’s going away party, while Issa was indulging Lawrence’s conversation at her BEST FRIEND’s going away party; Nathan did everything he could to AVOID confrontation until he was literally forced into it.

He didn’t take Lawrence’s bait during the BBQ discussion

He didn’t snap at Issa about her making googly eyes at Lawrence during the party

He didn’t let his barber homie talk him into anything rash or disruptive

He didn’t go off when he CLEARLY heard Lawrence tell Issa he loved her. All he asked was “whats all this?”

He only reacted when Lawrence intensified the disrespect and stepped to him, which ANY man would do given a similar situation.