Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Dope episode. Am I the only one who thought Taurean was going to dead any notion of being with Molly after he found out he made partner? Ain't that frowned upon in the workplace assuming he'd now be her supervisor?:dwillhuh:
He looked sad when he told her. I thought he was about to fire her, but looking back it make sense that he was probably weighing the options of deading the shyt or moving forward.
And as far as fukking the help, in the real world nikkas know about it but we usually don’t care

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
That's why I'm saying, there's no way he would be stuck on her at this point. He likely moves on and gets married while she's salty. It just doesn't make sense where he's ended up at.
nikka this is the real world. All that shyt about leveling up and getting much money and fukking so many hoes that you forget your ex is even alive is IDEAL.

You can still do that and have a weakness for your ex.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I knew it was too good to last. Season. 2 has turned into Black men are trash type show.

Daps
Since this series is about to end I'm about binge watch this. Watching the 1st episode now. This Molly can act. Issa Ray seems funny but her acting needs some work. Didn't know she was this nice looking though:whew:
I knew it was too good to last. Season. 2 has turned into Black men are trash type show.

:dwillhuh:

Insecure is not that. It’s equal opportunity bashing for both men and women. Molly has been trash the whole series. Issa is trash off and on.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea show generally hasn't trashed men....weird take

Plenty of women characters get criticized
yeah this is what brought in men fans as the show was finally one that showed human flaws opposed to the typical main characters are perfect and the men around them all trash.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Seems like you’re looking for this angle cuz pretty much everyone agrees this show has been an objective, realistic take on black friendships and romance
Hey, I'm open to criticism. I'm on season 3 where Lawrence is just going crazy sleeping with chicks. But from season 2, Lawrence did the same thing to the bank chick as was done to him. Cheated with Issa, then played the back chick talking about he wasnt ready for a relationship, B. To me, that's same old, same old, black men are trash. As the bank chick told him. But if I'm looking at it wrong I'm open.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Its crazy Taurean was the corny nikka on the first run of Wild n Out.

That lil skirmish wit Lawrence and liteskin felt forced but im curious how this will play out in the finale.
THATS what he’s from. I was thinking he was some lame ’funny’ dude that was YouTube famous from the earlier days

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its crazy Taurean was the corny nikka on the first run of Wild n Out.

That lil skirmish wit Lawrence and liteskin felt forced but im curious how this will play out in the finale.

Yoo I never realized that was him

He was the dude that used to always scream how he was about to spit fire before he rapped in the wildstyles

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Just caught up on last week's ep in prep for tonight's finale. You could cut that tension with a knife :wow:

Quite the extreme versus the week's prior which was probably my favourite of the season with all of Issa's daydreams. shyt was hilarious. And then they okie dokie it again. :laff:

Gonna miss this show. Especially the visuals. Haven't seen anything shot like it. :mjcry:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Preparing for the fukkery that will ensue online tonight

my soul is ready.

Free my boy Lawrence from the shackles that has him bound :blessed: