Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Just disappointed in Lawrence going way out of character. Breh was at a stage where a drunk call from Issa a month ago shouldn't even be on his mind. And if the call was that serious the player shyt would been to confront her after the party, not while her man was there, then end up causing a scene

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just disappointed in Lawrence going way out of character. Breh was at a stage where a drunk call from Issa a month ago shouldn't even be on his mind. And if the call was that serious the player shyt would been to confront her after the party, not while her man was there, then end up causing a scene
How are y’all coming to this? Nothing was resolved about their ending - it ended simply because of a pregnancy with a chick before reconnecting to Issa that he’s not with and not into. He hasn’t moved on, he and condola are playing nice but they’re not in love, he hasn’t been dating or involved with anyone else. The call came after various run ins, why wouldn’t he wonder why she dialed? They didn’t speak so he doesn’t know it was a drunk dial.

Some of y’all are really giving no credit to how much being in love and having unresolved feelings/endings keeps people stuck.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think you're focusing on their first go 'round too much.

Breh, when she broke up with him the second time, she couldn't even finish the sentence to say she was breaking up with him, and he just took the L. There are a bunch of different ways that could've gone had he pushed to keep the relationship going, but he was just as overwhelmed with his situation as she was. THAT'S the source of the issue for him.
Doesn’t it all matter tho? How many L’s is he supposed to take?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
How are y’all coming to this? Nothing was resolved about their ending - it ended simply because of a pregnancy with a chick before reconnecting to Issa that he’s not with and not into. He hasn’t moved on, he and condola are playing nice but they’re not in love, he hasn’t been dating or involved with anyone else. The call came after various run ins, why wouldn’t he wonder why she dialed? They didn’t speak so he doesn’t know it was a drunk dial.

Some of y’all are really giving no credit to how much being in love and having unresolved feelings/endings keeps people stuck.

Great points. But for this season after we see him and condola making strides in parenting it didn't really seem like he would still be that hung up on Issa. Seemed like he would be on some "fall back from relationships and focus on being a dad for a while" energy

Now he literally out here throwing hands for her over a missed call....

I guess personally I figured they would have talked it out a bit more since this is the last episode before the finale. I didn't need the entire season to really hinge on will they won't they vibes

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Great points. But for this season after we see him and condola making strides in parenting it didn't really seem like he would still be that hung up on Issa. Seemed like he would be on some "fall back from relationships and focus on being a dad for a while" energy

Now he literally out here throwing hands for her over a missed call....

I guess personally I figured they would have talked it out a bit more since this is the last episode before the finale. I didn't need the entire season to really hinge on will they won't they vibes
Making strides in parenting has nothing to do with love - that weird exchange between them an episode or two ago showed everything about where they are - not choosing each other, but making it work with each other. And given we haven’t seen him romantically involved, seems like he has fallen back from relationships while also accepting he’s still in love with Issa.

I will agree I don’t like us going into the will they/won’t they thing in the last episode, I’m over them, and do expect her to end up alone, but you gotta keep the puters putin :yeshrug:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

shyt, I've got an ex or two that if they called, I'm probably picking up, and I have no interest in fukking around on my lady or doubling back. I just know if they're calling me, they must be dealing with some real shyt.

That, and my inner retired dirtbag knows sometimes you gotta keep one on the shelf. :lolbron:

Doesn’t it all matter tho? How many L’s is he supposed to take?

Ehhh. Yes and no.

On one hand, it does, because you always want to make sure the other half of your relationship is treating you with dignity and respect.

But at the same time, that shyt happened in the previous iteration of the relationship. At some point, if you're going to try to make it work with somebody, you can't keep holding shyt you already agreed to move past against them.

And ultimately, relationships aren't always just about balancing out a a scoreboard of your Ws or Ls against hers. If you make a relationship a competition, shyt is doomed to fail from the start.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

What was unresolved? When he picked her up from the airport after she got back from the alumni weekend she gave breh the Heisman when he tried to come in her spot on some "sorry this just ain't gon work for me no more". She made it clear how she felt about his new situation

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Well I am glad the latest episode has caused such passionate discourse between coli members. :skip:

My review, the episode was boring, the mac and cheese balls looked good though.

Never got the vibe between Nathan and Issa, I don't know if it was the acting or what.

Show needs to end, it was good while it lasted.

This show should have been called Indecisive instead.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
shyt, I've got an ex or two that if they called, I'm probably picking up, and I have no interest in fukking around on my lady or doubling back. I just know if they're calling me, they must be dealing with some real shyt.

That, and my inner retired dirtbag knows sometimes you gotta keep one on the shelf. :lolbron:

Ehhh. Yes and no.

On one hand, it does, because you always want to make sure the other half of your relationship is treating you with dignity and respect.

But at the same time, that shyt happened in the previous iteration of the relationship. At some point, if you're going to try to make it work with somebody, you can't keep holding shyt you already agreed to move past against them.

And ultimately, relationships aren't always just about balancing out a a scoreboard of your Ws or Ls against hers. If you make a relationship a competition, shyt is doomed to fail from the start.

That’s fair.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Last episode was quality mid. The weed gummie munchie bit was stale as fukk and felt mad forced. It didn't produce the jokes are hijinks they thought it would. Writers don't know what they want to do with Lawerence and Chad kept it too real at the wrong moment. You don't tell ya man's some shyt like that right before ya'll go to see them same ass people lol. He didn't say anything wrong, its just the timing was wrong and forced. Like that nikka was holding all that in for months waiting for his chance to spit. Just weird/bad writing. That convo needed to happen earlier in the season.

The finale is gonna have nikkas feeling like Tony waiting for Meadow to finish parallel parking.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What was unresolved? When he picked her up from the airport after she got back from the alumni weekend she gave breh the Heisman when he tried to come in her spot on some "sorry this just ain't gon work for me no more". She made it clear how she felt about his new situation
Lol, that’s resolved to you? There literally were no dead feelings there, simply a woman who couldn’t take seeing her love forever be attached to a child that’s not hers and another woman. Man, this is some real ass shyt, nothing like seeing your love, the person you wanted kids and life with, end up having a kid with someone else first in a period where y’all weren’t together. This situation happens all the time IRL - 1) the chick in Issa’s spot usually needs some time away to process how and why they’re feeling that way 2) I think it’s always best to give the parents space to see if it would work as we all generally agree that being raised by both of your parents in one house is the optimal outcome, as a woman, you may not want to do that based on how you feel about the man, but it’s some shyt you chalk up and do because it’s right, it’s also a defense mechanism as a lot of baby momma/baby daddy situations slip back into sexual relationships in those early days, Issa walking away protects her from that potential. Like there was absolutely nothing that happened to dead their feelings for one another, simply a situation that Issa couldn’t handle and one Lawrence didn’t know how to approach either.