Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Nah don't put this on Chad. He kept it a thousand to Lawrence. Lawrence BEEN having fucckboy tendencies since season 2, maybe even implied in season 1 when Issa was tired of him and him just go with the flow not seeing the signs that Issa was visibly showing. In the end of the 1st episode of this season when Issa broke it off, he DID just accept it as it is. Now he's feeling some kind of way because Issa there? That's on LAWRENCE for letting her go. Chad just simply told the TRUTH. But Lawrence being a fucckboy decided to take THAT MOMENT to suddenly express his feelings. He brought Condola and the baby to the people when he didn't had to CLEARLY to front. Then want to be petty at Nathan knowing that's her man instead of kept it playa and accept she's now with someone else. You saw the contrast of how Lawrence handled himself with Nathan versus how Issa and Condola handled themselves, they were respectful that could of went petty due to the Issa fantasy from before. Lawrence acted like a bytch. That's not Chad fault. Lawrence did this on his own.
No

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Nah don't put this on Chad. He kept it a thousand to Lawrence. Lawrence BEEN having fucckboy tendencies since season 2, maybe even implied in season 1 when Issa was tired of him and him just go with the flow not seeing the signs that Issa was visibly showing. In the end of the 1st episode of this season when Issa broke it off, he DID just accept it as it is. Now he's feeling some kind of way because Issa there? That's on LAWRENCE for letting her go. Chad just simply told the TRUTH. But Lawrence being a fucckboy decided to take THAT MOMENT to suddenly express his feelings. He brought Condola and the baby to the people when he didn't had to CLEARLY to front. Then want to be petty at Nathan knowing that's her man instead of kept it playa and accept she's now with someone else. You saw the contrast of how Lawrence handled himself with Nathan versus how Issa and Condola handled themselves, they were respectful that could of went petty due to the Issa fantasy from before. Lawrence acted like a bytch. That's not Chad fault. Lawrence did this on his own.

It just made no sense. How does Lawrence go from growing up and accepting that Issa fukked up in season 4 to this whiny bytch in this episode?

That's not human or character progression. That's human instability and poor character development.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That entire scene was so unreal. No nikka who's got their shyt together is causing a scene like that. I hate how they've consistently tried to paint Lawrence as some overly emotional nikka, especially when it doesn't fit.

The shyt made no sense.

I’ve seen plenty of men and women who got there shyt together cause a scene

Are y’all even around real people?

I see that Lawrence is some type of superhero to thecoli:mjlol:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
That entire scene was so unreal. No nikka who's got their shyt together is causing a scene like that. I hate how they've consistently tried to paint Lawrence as some overly emotional nikka, especially when it doesn't fit.

The shyt made no sense.
Thank you. shyt is absurd.

Daps
I don’t get why Lawrence is stuck on Issa. He got options. We’ve literally seen him exercising those options.

Also, 1) how successful is that barbershop? I find it hard to believe Nathan can comfortably afford to go in w/ her on the new spot while he’s still using a milk crate for a night stand.

2) How long is Issa going to be ok w/ paying most of the bills. Women be getting salty over paying 1/2, no matter what the income disparity is.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I’ve seen plenty of men and women who got there shyt together cause a scene

Are y’all even around real people?

I see that Lawrence is some type of superhero to thecoli:mjlol:

Bruh I've been a dentist for 8 years. All of my close friends that I grew up with are professionals in their field as well. Whether it's a friendly gathering or some ADA event, I've yet to see shyt like that pop off.

It just doesn't happen. If one of my boys or colleagues were to get out of pocket like that, he's getting checked and they would do the same to me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Bruh I've been a dentist for 8 years. All of my close friends that I grew up with are professionals in their field as well. Whether it's a friendly gathering or some ADA event, I've yet to see shyt like that pop off.

It just doesn't happen. If one of my boys or colleagues were to get out of pocket like that, he's getting checked and they would do the same to me.
OK you’ve never seen people get into it before that have “good jobs”

Why are you bringing up professional events when this obviously a party with friends and people who all know each other

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don’t get why Lawrence is stuck on Issa. He got options. We’ve literally seen him exercising those options.

Also, 1) how successful is that barbershop? I find it hard to believe Nathan can comfortably afford to go in w/ her on the new spot while he’s still using a milk crate for a night stand.

2) How long is Issa going to be ok w/ paying most of the bills. Women be getting salty over paying 1/2, no matter what the income disparity is.
Relationships, love and Exes don’t work like your #1

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I felt this episode… People sayin Lawerence dumb must have never been in a situation like that. He probably should have just walked away when Nathan popped up but I know the feeling of ending a relationship and not fighting for it and regretting it later on after finding out the girl just wanted to know I really cared.

The fact he has his sh!t together doesn’t matter, he literally said he’s not happy when he’s not with her so he had to at least let her know how he felt