Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Last night episode was mid, they started cheesing with the dream sequences until it became a crutch for them to lean on.

Episode was a great way to illustrate how some women will get everything they think they want, but still not be satisfied.
Truly child-like behavior. Yet when men compare women who display this behavior to children we're referred to as misogynistic a$$holes :francis:

I think the reason why some people aren't feeling this season and others is because the episodes are only 30 mins long. Hard to wrap up storylines and fit characters into a 30 min show and HBO dropped the ball by not letting them go and hr long.
I can't blame HBO for this dilemma. The show has been set at a half hour for the entirety of its existence. Writers needed to step up and make it work within those established parameters.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Season has been ok

Not a fan of the Issa/Lawrence/Nathaniel arc... Would hate if Nat only served as a catalyst to putting Issa and L back together

Never thought Kelly was all that funny. Especially these last couple eps

Do appreciate the storyline with Molly and her parents estate planning ...

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Damn.... Lawrence pulling his Dwayne Wayne/Whitley Gilbert wedding moment.... :wow:

tumblr_mylegnjxEH1tn15mao4_250.gifv

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
:francis: What the fukk was that :francis:

This the penultimate episode and it was like a season 2 filler. One of the most pointless episodes

We in 2021 and we still doing munchies jokes :unimpressed:. Characters devolving just to get mid jokes off or push a thinly poorly constructed plot line :unimpressed:

time skip in finale coming. Preview looks good, can’t wait I have faith they’ll stick the landing :mjcry:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Lawrence. What are you doing? :snoop:

You lucky bald head was there or else it would've been a wrap. Them not all there mentally folk ain't ones to mess with :whoa:
I might be Team Nathan after this. You askin' about a call from last month my guy? That ain't player, Lawrence.

yeah Nathan been tight about Lawrence plus the bbq shyt earlier…..he would have beat the brakes off that boy :hubie:.

Lawrence going out sad, bc I really thought he was all good now