Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:francis: What the fukk was that :francis:

This the penultimate episode and it was like a season 2 filler. One of the most pointless episodes
Great episode. The whole season was building up to that.

That thread about wondering why people don’t come into the film room. Just look at this thread a bunch of complaining. Just watch the 30 minute show and move on

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Great episode. The whole season was building up to that.

That thread about wondering why people don’t come into the film room. Just look at this thread a bunch of complaining. Just watch the 30 minute show and move on

:camby: I’m active in these threads. Lot of great convos to be had and opinions shared

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Damn.... Lawrence pulling his Dwayne Wayne/Whitley Gilbert wedding moment.... :wow:

tumblr_mylegnjxEH1tn15mao4_250.gifv

Bruh got super loud trying to plead his case to Issa :heh:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
I've been in the same situation as Lawrence..It's not worth it..move on breh:beli:

The scene with all the brothers were on point and done perfectly, its why dating people who dated within the same friend group is dangerous for men. The subliminals start flying and egos are being checked.

Molly finally found her man. Happy for her. Those eyes and her haircut keep throwing me off though:snoop:

Great episode overall, probably the best all season. I don't think Issa goes back to Lawrence, that's over with especially how he approached her. And I wouldn't be surprised if she stepped away from Nathan either.

Nathan and his homeboy would've got jumped. All of Lawrence homies in there,though Nathan would've probably caught a body. Lightskin short nikkas always ready to rumble, sensitive asses

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chad is a bytch ass nikka. He set Lawrence up for that. You never suppose to do that to your man. Especially after a bytch left him.

Nah don't put this on Chad. He kept it a thousand to Lawrence. Lawrence BEEN having fucckboy tendencies since season 2, maybe even implied in season 1 when Issa was tired of him and him just go with the flow not seeing the signs that Issa was visibly showing. In the end of the 1st episode of this season when Issa broke it off, he DID just accept it as it is. Now he's feeling some kind of way because Issa there? That's on LAWRENCE for letting her go. Chad just simply told the TRUTH. But Lawrence being a fucckboy decided to take THAT MOMENT to suddenly express his feelings. He brought Condola and the baby to the people when he didn't had to CLEARLY to front. Then want to be petty at Nathan knowing that's her man instead of kept it playa and accept she's now with someone else. You saw the contrast of how Lawrence handled himself with Nathan versus how Issa and Condola handled themselves, they were respectful that could of went petty due to the Issa fantasy from before. Lawrence acted like a bytch. That's not Chad fault. Lawrence did this on his own.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I wish I was feeling this but the show's conflicts and it's characterizations have just worn thin for me. The big blowup feels like some shyt that should have been in season 2, rather than the culmination of 5 seasons of character arcs. I just don't really buy it. Feels super contrived. But even beyond rather I buy it or not, there just isn't any real momentum and energy for it, imo. Too many false starts, timeouts, and pump fakes for this to be what everything has built to. They ran out the clock bullshytting on the will they or won't they, that I personally don't really care anymore.