Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
This season has been adhd af lol

Kinda scared that Atlanta might not live up to my expectations now :lupe: At least Atlanta relies more on vignettes rather than a running storyline though
Nah we’ll be fine on Atlanta. They’ve had way more time to work on these next 2 seasons.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I really really like the Molly storyline about the parents this year. I think its the true shining spot of this season.

I think all the career storylines throughout the whole show (outside of the dating element) has been the strongest material. Probably the best thing about the show and something I don't know we'll ever get back in other shows.

I'm not really sure why Issa can't work with both NBW and Crenshawn. I guess it goes back to "selling out" as a concept. Definitely some decent insight into professional decision making

I liked the episode

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think the reason why some people aren't feeling this season and others is because the episodes are only 30 mins long. Hard to wrap up storylines and fit characters into a 30 min show and HBO dropped the ball by not letting them go and hr long.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

I know a lot of y’all (and other viewers ) aren’t really fond of the final season. But HBO & the show is giving us a whole documentary on making of the final season. I’m hearing it’s gonna be bitter sweet & tears might flow. :mjcry:im not ready for the last two episodes.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Season been ok for me. It just sort of feels like they decided this was the final season and they are struggling with how exactly to end certain storylines and conclude the series.

To be honest I wasn't feeling the Issa, Lawrence split up arc. It's like man we did all that already. I feel a arc of them together dealing with him having a child would have worked better. Especially if it concludes and they just reunite anyway.

I also got a feeling nathan either going to end up dead or do something crazy as hell that takes him away

Daps
Why in the fukk is she having any conflict about going with NBW over Crenshawn. Dude stabbed her in the back and then drug her on social media. This isn’t even about selling out vs staying true to yourself. This is literally finally getting a career type job vs continuing to struggle on behalf of someone who has shown you they can’t take directions.

Then again this show has demonstrated over and over again, she is allergic to making good decisions.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I still can't believe she is conflicted over Lawrence.

I can't believe women are indecisive like this. Honestly that shyt is a turn off.

The dream sequences are dumb imo. It just seems like filler.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think the reason why some people aren't feeling this season and others is because the episodes are only 30 mins long. Hard to wrap up storylines and fit characters into a 30 min show and HBO dropped the ball by not letting them go and hr long.
It feels like to me they're struggling to feel 30 minutes. I would hate to see how much filler they'd have in an hour.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The writers have shown in the past that they’re able to make it work with a half hour, but it looks like the flow just isn’t really there this season.

I actually really enjoy the themes of this season and I don’t mind if it ends on an unresolved note because sometimes that’s just how life goes. At the same time though, seeing the constant backpedaling from Issa’s character does not make me hopeful of her successfully growing up in the long run.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Quick question yall, who's toothbrush did Nathan say Issa was using in the beginning of this latest ep?? :patrice:'

EDIT: Just caught the Tyra Banks cameo :ehh:

Last edited: