Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I liked the episode a lot. The future dream sequences revealed a lot about her priorities and desires. It also revealed she thinks that Nathan is gonna be doing the same thing in 5 years regardless of what she does in her life. He’s gonna be a supportive barber playing the background. Not sure that’s what she wants.

Daps
I liked the episode a lot. The future dream sequences revealed a lot about her priorities and desires. It also revealed she thinks that Nathan is gonna be doing the same thing in 5 years regardless of what she does in her life. He’s gonna be a supportive barber playing the background. Not sure that’s what she wants.

I thought this episode hinted pretty heavily that Nathan is *NOT* what she wants.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I hate to be that guy, but watching this show after the master class that was Succession was like watching the NBA and then watching the peach jam. Not even trying to be a dikk but it’s jarring. Can’t even front like they’re not in the same genre cause they kinda are.

Another dud episode imo. I don’t really understand Issa’s forced conflict. Did i miss something? Why can’t she work with Crenshawn and NBW? The Nathan shyt is getting worse somehow and I find it hilarious that none of the women who shytted on Lawrence mercilessly have no problem with the fact that Nathan is clearly a broke bum. They got 2 episodes to save any semblance of this season and i don’t see how they’ll pull it off. At this point, the pay off of Issa and Lawrence getting back together doesn’t even feel earned.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Men don’t have fantasies in there head of themselves?

of course we do. But the emotionally mature ones don’t hold it against anyone when we’re not where we think we should or want to be. While i don’t think it’s explicitly a gender thing, Issa is foul for what she’s about to do to Nathan. Pressing up on that nikka for not meeting you where you are emotionally in the relationship and switching up when he pretty quickly gets there is ridiculous. If Issa was a man she’d be getting dragged for her shyt.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
of course we do. But the emotionally mature ones don’t hold it against anyone when we’re not where we think we should or want to be. While i don’t think it’s explicitly a gender thing, Issa is foul for what she’s about to do to Nathan. Pressing up on that nikka for not meeting you where you are emotionally in the relationship and switching up when he pretty quickly gets there is ridiculous. If Issa was a man she’d be getting dragged for her shyt.
Thank You sir.....

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Last night episode was mid, they started cheesing with the dream sequences until it became a crutch for them to lean on.

Episode was a great way to illustrate how some women will get everything they think they want, but still not be satisfied.
Yup. That's why I always tell my friends don't go crazy trying to do things to make their women happy because they don't know themselves. They'll say what they want, you give it to them and they're bored by it and moved on to the next thing they think that will make them happy.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She thought she was using that nikka toothbrush at the beginning? :dahell: I can be a nasty nikka at times but sharing a toothbrush? :scust: Too far