Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man if Lawrence p*ssy ass don't stop acting like a puss
Condolences is the one for you, bruh
Go home and be a family man

fukk Condola (not literally, they’re in a good place to co if nothing else), how many L’s is bruh willing to accept from the same woman in different relationships :mjlol: I guess he figure 3rd times the charm, since he at least got a (fukked up) breakup last time, instead of the side dikk

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
fukk Condola (not literally, they’re in a good place to co if nothing else), how many L’s is bruh willing to accept from the same woman in different relationships :mjlol: I guess he figure 3rd times the charm, since he at least got a (fukked up) breakup last time, instead of the side dikk

Still a far better choice than Issa
Plus they have a baby to bond with

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still a far better choice than Issa
Plus they have a baby to bond with

Yea I’m not saying that’s not a good choice, just saying she doesn’t even factor to why I don’t think he should keep tryna fw Issa. I’ll never find fault in a man sticking with his bm, if that’s where he wants to be :ehh:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Man if Lawrence p*ssy ass don't stop acting like a puss
Condolences is the one for you, bruh
Go home and be a family man

Big facts. Of all the times we see brehs struggling with Baby moms issues, Lawrence actually has a baby moms who has a career, some sense and genuinely wants to see him happy.

nikka better than me, me and Condola would been working on our second kid by now :manny:

Speaking of Condola.... Had no idea she was with a cac too :snoop:

First Kanan's moms, then Tray's GF in Last OG now.... Condola :mjcry:

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
Those of y’all looking for this to have some nice neat resolution by series finale are setting yourself up for disappointment. They could go that way and give the neat tv ending, but the way this season is playing out, it’s mimicking what real life looks like which is ending one season of life with uncertainty and hoping for more progress in the next. I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Issa being single, back in a place of ambiguity and insecurity heading into her next chapter of life
I enjoy your views on this show. You snatch shyt out my head my G.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
I think it's because they really haven't given him much plot or character development beyond just ninja smoking Issa. Pretty much all of the meaningful development for the character has happened this season. So, I can understand why people aren't really into the character.

But on the other hand, you could argue that the lack of character development could be using deliberately thin writing to manipulate the audience into aligning with Issa's thinking. Most people who say they don't like Nathan are usually wanting her to end up with Lawrence, primarily because there's so much history and development of their relationship, whereas her relationship with Nathan is by comparison mostly new and uncertain. That's what they're essentially saying is Issa's reasoning for constantly wanting to go back, and part of the larger point of the character.
Nathan could never beat Lawrence for Issa in fans minds. That's really it..