Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
wtf did they do to Molly's character...and/or is it Yvonne Orji's acting that's throwing it off?
:jbhmm:

the script really reads like a cheesy sitcom with a studio audience or laugh track to me this season.
:hubie:
This episode felt lazy. Pulling questions out of hats for story progression and fan service.

Am I the only one that actually wanted to see them go out?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This episode felt lazy. Pulling questions out of hats for story progression and fan service.

Am I the only one that actually wanted to see them go out?
This episode felt authentic. That very much reminded me of get togethers with my friends when we were 28-33 - the age where people either were married and starting to separate from the pack or where others who were still dating had been kinda beaten down by past relationships. I get it’s not exciting tv, but that episode is dead ass what getting together, friendship and heart to hearts feel and look like at that age including abandoning plans to go out.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Those of y’all looking for this to have some nice neat resolution by series finale are setting yourself up for disappointment. They could go that way and give the neat tv ending, but the way this season is playing out, it’s mimicking what real life looks like which is ending one season of life with uncertainty and hoping for more progress in the next. I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Issa being single, back in a place of ambiguity and insecurity heading into her next chapter of life

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
man this season is ASS.

Maybe its because I'm a man but I literally dont care about any of the plot lines as none of it seems 'high stakes', and Nathan is such a weak character (which places more emphasis on the stakes not feeling high if he or Issa end up together).

Whats crazy is because the Daniel and Issa Storyline felt much more important (maybe because Lawerence was at play, thus the choices Issa made felt much more critical/impactful).

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Those of y’all looking for this to have some nice neat resolution by series finale are setting yourself up for disappointment. They could go that way and give the near tv ending, but the way this season is playing out, it’s mimicking what real life looks like which is ending one season of life with uncertainty and hoping for more progress in the next. I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Issa being single, back in a place of ambiguity and insecurity heading into her next chapter of life
I forgot where I read it from but it mentioned how Issa and the crew wrote this season as if it would have a sixth season in place, so the finale may be open ended and we may have questions left unanswered. Seems to be right up the alley as to what you just mentioned.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This episode felt authentic. That very much reminded me of get togethers with my friends when we were 28-33 - the age where people either were married and starting to separate from the pack or where others who were still dating had been kinda beaten down by past relationships. I get it’s not exciting tv, but that episode is dead ass what getting together, friendship and heart to hearts feel and look like at that age including abandoning plans to go out.
I just thought the game element made it feel forced and unnecessary. The could have just had them all having a conversation with wine, would have accomplished the same thing IMO. I get what they went for in terms of just showing people getting older and "chillin" tho.

I was watching the episode like 30 year olds really playing the pull random questions out of a hat games in 2021
:unimpressed:

If they were doing like a vision board night (have they done this on the show before? I don't remember) it would have made more sense for me as a viewer.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I just thought the game element made it feel forced and unnecessary. The could have just had them all having a conversation with wine, would have accomplished the same thing IMO. I get what they went for in terms of just showing people getting older and "chillin" tho.

I was watching the episode like 30 year olds really playing the pull random questions out of a hat games in 2021
:unimpressed:
Yes...we were 31-35 playing never have I ever. :pachaha:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I forgot where I read it from but it mentioned how Issa and the crew wrote this season as if it would have a sixth season in place, so the finale may be open ended and we may have questions left unanswered. Seems to be right up the alley as to what you just mentioned.
Would make sense. I definitely see this show popping up with a movie 3-5 years after the finale