Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the 1st episode on demand and thought it was funny :ehh:

Issa's best friend was giving me a Jill Marie Jones vibe, so the Girlfriends reference at the end was on point.

He friend doing the Marge Simpson noise :mjlol:

"Every black girl that went to college likes Drake" :heh:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
@Milk N Cookies
I was confused cause I recognized the bunny in your avi... but I was like 'I don't watch any cartoons about bunnies' so why do I know that. :scust:

But then I clicked on it and realized thats Angel... so what I know it from is far worst than if I was just watching a show about cartoon rabbits.

:snoop:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just got done watching and I thought it was :trash:. As a man I don't think I can get into this. There's no subtlety or nuance. Her man is literally laying on the couch doing nothing. The kids tell you she talks white and her hair being natural is abnormal in the first minute. They just beat you over the head with those points. I don't even care about the stereotypes or if she dates a white dude late. The jokes just didn't hit. The dialog was weak:

"bytch you still mad?"
"bytch you still tripping?"

:comeon:

Atlanta raised the bar and this show just isn't there in terms of quality. I expect more from an HBO show.
Yal nikkas are something else.

It's a woman's show/perspective. The latest episode in Atlanta which focused on Van highlighted a lot of the things you bytching about from this pilot. And Atlanta has plenty of stereotypes as well, let's let this show get more than 1 episode deep before we deeming it as trash.
:camby:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yal nikkas are something else.

It's a woman's show/perspective. The latest episode in Atlanta which focused on Van highlighted a lot of the things you bytching about from this pilot. And Atlanta has plenty of stereotypes as well, let's let this show get more than 1 episode deep before we deeming it as trash.
:camby:

I clearly said I don't care about the stereotypes and I liked the Van episode of Atlanta:ufdup:

It's a comedy and I didn't laugh once.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then the show not for you nikka, move the fukk on.

:what:I watched one episode and posted my review. It's a pilot and you watch to see if it suits your taste. I have moved on because I haven't watched any more and I hadn't even revisited this thread until someone quoted me. You're emotional.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
btw, look at the show titles:

1"Insecure as fukk" Melina Matsoukas Issa Rae & Larry Wilmore October 9, 2016[a] TBD
2 "Messy as fukk"[12] Cecile Emeke Issa Rae October 16, 2016 TBD
3 "Racist as fukk"[13] Melina Matsoukas Dayna Lynne North October 23, 2016 TBD
4 "Thirsty as fukk"[14] Kevin Bray Laura Kittrell October 30, 2016 TBD
5 "Shady as fukk"[15] Melina Matsoukas Ben Dougan November 6, 2016 TBD
6 "Guilty as fukk"[16] Debbie Allen Amy Aniobi November 13, 2016 TBD
7 "Real as fukk"[17] TBA TBA TBA TBD
8 "Broken as fukk"[18] TBA TBA TBA TBD