Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Yeah I saw the episode. I know what it's about. The whole series will be about how she's too "special" for black men and black people in general, and the only way she can be happy is if she jumps ship. All she's doing is being a sell out, but telling us in a way where it's like "I tried and tried and tried to be loyal to nikkas but I had no choice!". Horseshyt.
:russ::russ:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I saw the episode. I know what it's about. The whole series will be about how she's too "special" for black men and black people in general, and the only way she can be happy is if she jumps ship. All she's doing is being a sell out, but telling us in a way where it's like "I tried and tried and tried to be loyal to nikkas but I had no choice!". Horseshyt.
You're reaching for something that isn't even there. It'd be easier if you just said you hate black women

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I watched the first ep and liked it, it wasn't laugh a minute but I feel it's just getting its footing.
She showed she's pretty much a bad person in this ep how she did her friend was super mean, first lying, dropping a free style diss and then dropping her off for Tyrone to beat when her friend was all depressed.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
:yeshrug:Pretty damn good episode.

I dont see how people got the whole "she's mocking, tarnishing the black male image" when it couldn't be clearer that her insecurities make her project onto other people even those she chooses to hold close.

But I know why :mjpls:

With that said, Im gonna stick witht this one. Kinda like a darker version of Broad City imo.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I watched the first ep and liked it, it wasn't laugh a minute but I feel it's just getting its footing.
She showed she's pretty much a bad person in this ep how she did her friend was super mean, first lying, dropping a free style diss and then dropping her off for Tyrone to beat when her friend was all depressed.

I wouldn't say a bad person, but she definitely got a bit of a shady friend in here. But shyt we all do it at times. Kinda why I liked the first episode. They didn't try to make her this great person who is always the victim....