Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Funny how y'all can nitpick this comedy to death about her loser bf yet laud Atlanta when they got three walking stereotype loser ass nikkas as the main characters. Men on the coli hate black women

Listen, dude has a point. And I love Issa, but Atlanta raises the bar something vicious. Now, the "don't compare black shows cause they're black shows" is a valid one even though I could argue that both of these shows are in the same lane.

My honest critique, the show is SOLID. It's not GOOD but it has potential. Issa clearly has a point of view and something interesting to say, but the way she's saying it isn't all that creative. I don't think Issa is a GOOD actress either. But I'm gonna keep watching and keep rooting for her cause I believe in her and what she's doing. Despite some flaws here and there, the show is still FUNNY. I can totally see this show being something different in seasons 2 and 3 and HBO better give her time to figure this out.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Btw i guess i can see the complaints because half of yall never watched akward black girl.
I didn't watch it but regret not. I always wanted to support her web series, but never got around to it. Once Roomieloverfriends left YouTube I never messed with web series on there