Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This episode was much better than the other 2. Not sure if I'm just tired of Issa as a character or what but her shyt is boring and the writing is getting weird with the weird fashion show and robbery shyt.

This episode was way better than the other shyt they had going on. Candeola is a whole bytch though! I mean I get she is a single mom and because of this sacrifices a lot, however you don't have to make it hard for the father who wants to be there.
How many shows have a black lead that isn't centered around criminality? I think that's part of why the segments with Lawrence or him with his boys is always so refreshing.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

i have zero remorse for her. I think dudes forget how the last season ended

Like i said. They are both wrong and both had good reason to lash out the way they did. Lawrence wasn’t there because she told him in a cold way, he didn’t need to be. But not being there and showing up after the baby is born puts him well behind and he didn’t do enough work to make up for that. All this should have been straightened out during her pregnancy and it wasn’t.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He wasn’t around. She literally called him out on it. His excuse (we can argue whether it’s valid) was that he moved for the job he always planned on moving for. Again. Both are in the wrong and both have valid reasons for why they acted the way they did.
Yup

I can’t knock either for their anger because both of them fukked up. I didn’t understand Condola’s sister anger at first toward Lawrence but as the episode wore on, it was clear as fukk that he was on the wrong.

But Condola wasn’t welcoming either. I hope they can come to an understanding.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
He wasn’t around. She literally called him out on it. His excuse (we can argue whether it’s valid) was that he moved for the job he always planned on moving for. Again. Both are in the wrong and both have valid reasons for why they acted the way they did.

Yup

I can’t knock either for their anger because both of them fukked up. I didn’t understand Condola’s sister anger at first toward Lawrence but as the episode wore on, it was clear as fukk that he was on the wrong.

But Condola wasn’t welcoming either. I hope they can come to an understanding.
This is like when that episode of Iyanla fix my life where the lady accused the father of molesting his daughters. And when it was proven he didn’t she hit him with the “You should have fought harder for his kids”.

nikkas are basically saying he should have fought harder when she kept him away. shyt is comical and sad at the same time:bryan:

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I honestly saw a lot of my sister in Condola. From her pov, Lawrence wasn't around for her pregnancy but now wants to be involved. In her eyes, it's like "Great. NOW you wanna be around for the easy part." It's not really up to Condola to give Lawrence the benefit of the doubt. He has to prove himself to her for however long it takes. Fathers shouldn't get credit for doing the bare minimum. They have to find a healthy way to communicate, but being that Condola is handling the bulk of the parenting, I do think it's fair for her to call the shots.

This was a really great episode. Neither Lawrence nor Condola were in the wrong and I see his pov too, but I'm partial to Condola because I watched my sister go through this.

:stopitslime::camby:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
This show is at an interesting point because Lawrence's life and story is much more interesting than Issa's. It's only so many times we can see her struggle with trying to figure this life shyt out. :snooze:

On another note, I just had a kid in July with my wife. Watching this episode made me realize that I wouldn't wish that co-parent life on nobody. Hell my wife be mad when I go play a round of golf and leave her with the baby. I can't imagine the stress if I was in a whole 'nother city living my life. I actually empathize with Condola a bit because she's the one that has to be with the baby and dealing with a newborn 24/7 is stressful. So I'm not surprised there'd be some resentment towards Lawrence. Me and my wife look at each other all the time and say, "I don't know how single parents do this"

This man is preaching

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is like when that episode of Iyanla fix my life where the lady accused the father of molesting his daughters. And when it wasn’t proven he didn’t she hit him with the “You should have fought harder for his kids”.

nikkas are basically saying he should have fought harder when she kept him away. shyt is comical and sad at the same time:bryan:
Bro i dont even wanna derail this thread but its a sign that this episode was effective in showing how normalized dysfunction is with these dudes responses lol

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

i have zero remorse for her. I think dudes forget how the last season ended

Lawrence was trying to marry her....she said I just want your sperm :wow:

I know it was mentioned in the thread, but having conversations about how folks feel about raising children and parenting with people you're smashing don't happen as often as they should. I remember one time the condom broke while messing with this chick....she asked me later what would happen if she got preggo. I hit her with the :ohhh: and she was like:dahell:. I was in my early 20s and it never occurred to me that she would keep my baby. I didn't have shyt going on lol. I think my response gave her pause, but she let me smash again :mjgrin:

In Lawrence and Conduit's case, they discussed children while they were dating and she changed her mind lol. I get it, but that fukking sucks for Lawrence, and it fukking sucks that she foresaw a family with a father partially involved :francis:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea I can’t rock with Lawrence on this one. Condola said he rarely asks for updates on the baby and he didn’t argue otherwise. Breh is making bank in SF but spends his free time on dates and building cribs without regularly checking in on his kid.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is like when that episode of Iyanla fix my life where the lady accused the father of molesting his daughters. And when it was proven he didn’t she hit him with the “You should have fought harder for his kids”.

You say “kept him away” like if the nikka called to check in on her during the pregnancy she would send him to voicemail.