Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
To be fair to Canola Oil, Lawrence did tell her to "keep him posted" regarding the pregnancy. If you have ever been around a pregnant woman, her having to stir on that for 9 months isn't going to end well. So there should be no surprise she was being very spiteful once Lawrence wants to show up and be upset that he wasn't involved in certain matters. I mean Lawrence was on a date while his baby was being born. :russ:
I can't say Lawrence is completely innocent for the situation he found himself in.
Innocence is non existent in cases like this breh.

The nikka was wrong for getting her pregnant in the first place. He gotta bear the consequences. But the part that got me was a name being picked already :mjlol:

Fam its too much, he's like yeah let me pick my battles :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Innocence is non existent in cases like this breh.

The nikka was wrong for getting her pregnant in the first place. He gotta bear the consequences. But the part that got me was a name being picked already :mjlol:

Fam its too much, he's like yeah let me pick my battles :mjlol:

you'd have a point if the concept of My body my choice didnt exist. They in Cali breh lol, she had a baby because she wanted to. We gotta dead this archaic thinking that women dont have agency over themselves.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
you'd have a point if the concept of My body my choice didnt exist. They in Cali breh lol, she had a baby because she wanted to. We gotta dead this archaic thinking that women dont have agency over themselves.
I never said they didn't :mjlol:

i'm saying he gotta deal with the consequences of his actions. Its not her fault he nutted in her.

:manny:

Daps
Would’ve preferred they did the Wine Down with the dude who plays Lawerence to get his thoughts on his characters actions last episode

:manny: I just figured Issa set up the platform for Christina since almost everybody hates her character and actions leading up to this episode.

Daps
Weird how they mentioned covid in a prior episode, but are maskless in all the indoor screens
:ehh: Too intense of a topic to go into and would throw off a lot of the storylines this season I’m sure

if we were in a lockdown, Lawerence could’ve easily worked from LA instead of only going home on weekends to see the baby. Hell he could’ve been there for the pregnancy. Just jumping in time 1 year makes it 1000% easier

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: Too intense of a topic to go into and would throw off a lot of the storylines this season I’m sure

if we were in a lockdown, Lawerence could’ve easily worked from LA instead of only going home on weekends to see the baby. Hell he could’ve been there for the pregnancy. Just jumping in time 1 year makes it 1000% easier

Yeah, but they could have also just not mentioned it at all lol

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
thats either s woman or troll. Lol dude literally found out vis text the baby was born.
He wasn’t around. She literally called him out on it. His excuse (we can argue whether it’s valid) was that he moved for the job he always planned on moving for. Again. Both are in the wrong and both have valid reasons for why they acted the way they did.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This show is at an interesting point because Lawrence's life and story is much more interesting than Issa's. It's only so many times we can see her struggle with trying to figure this life shyt out. :snooze:

On another note, I just had a kid in July with my wife. Watching this episode made me realize that I wouldn't wish that co-parent life on nobody. Hell my wife be mad when I go play a round of golf and leave her with the baby. I can't imagine the stress if I was in a whole 'nother city living my life. I actually empathize with Condola a bit because she's the one that has to be with the baby and dealing with a newborn 24/7 is stressful. So I'm not surprised there'd be some resentment towards Lawrence. Me and my wife look at each other all the time and say, "I don't know how single parents do this"

Congrats. :obama:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Baby was premature. That's why he was shocked.

It appears that they kept in minimal contact throughout the pregnancy and he had a due date in his mind and the baby came way before that. It probably was an emergency and a family member texted him. I can see a plausible situation where Condola's fam is rushing her to the hospital. In that case, contacting Lawrence is not a priority. The writers make it seem like they had the base level of contact. Hell, they didn't even talk about a name. Did Lawrence go to prenatal appointments?

Truth be told, Lawrence was in a lose/lose position. The minute you disengage from a chick having your kid you gotta accept that ANYTHING can happen because you're not there. There will be resentment and nothing you do will be considered good enough. He'd almost be better off being a deadbeat :wow:
You giving a breh clarity. :wow:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He wasn’t around. She literally called him out on it. His excuse (we can argue whether it’s valid) was that he moved for the job he always planned on moving for. Again. Both are in the wrong and both have valid reasons for why they acted the way they did.

i have zero remorse for her. I think dudes forget how the last season ended

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
I'm still not giving up on my theory that the "plumber" that came to condola's house was the ex husband

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Damn Lawrence is TIRED Countertop being funny acting!! But it’s understandable with the co-parenting situation. This is the first time I’ve felt for her.
:scust::mjlol: Why? You think an educated, professional woman like her 'accidentally' got pregnant? She planned that shyt. But reality is starting to hit.