Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Those nikkas are programmed. Most dudes are. It’s just weird seeing nikkas use women type logic.
Right. How dare we consider the other partners perspective while trying to foster a functional relationship. :mjlol: Yall nikkas are either young or very bitter.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Yea I can’t rock with Lawrence on this one. Condola said he rarely asks for updates on the baby and he didn’t argue otherwise. Breh is making bank in SF but spends his free time on dates and building cribs without regularly checking in on his kid.

You say “kept him away” like if the nikka called to check in on her during the pregnancy she would send him to voicemail.

You nikkas man:mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea I can’t rock with Lawrence on this one. Condola said he rarely asks for updates on the baby and he didn’t argue otherwise. Breh is making bank in SF but spends his free time on dates and building cribs without regularly checking in on his kid.
Which isn’t even completely his fault. He had no clear understanding of how this was going. As a nikka in his early thirties going through his first pregnancy myself, just like someone else said, i can’t even imagine how people do this when they’re not even together. As much as I’ve heard, seen and read about pregnancy, i actually had no idea how much women actually go through until this experience with my wife. It’s completely reasonable for Lawrence to be ignorant to the scope of what was coming his way.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Right. How dare we consider the other partners perspective while trying to foster a functional relationship. :mjlol: Yall nikkas are either young or very bitter.

He wanted to get married, he wanted a serious relationship. She didn’t…. She even played him at the get together with her friends.

She didn’t want to have no kids, he didn’t either… she didn’t even give her husband a child… They broke up,…. She becomes pregnant after they break up. He said he doesn’t want it because he wasn’t ready because of his new job and the fact they weren’t together. She tells him don’t worry she will raise the kid on her own. She is now ready to have a baby after being married for 10 years and not having one….

What part of that relationship is functional?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
He wanted to get married, he wanted a serious relationship. She didn’t…. She even played him at the get together with her friends.

She didn’t want to have no kids, he didn’t either… she didn’t even give her husband a child… They broke up,…. She becomes pregnant after they break up. He said he doesn’t want it because he wasn’t ready because of his new job and the fact they weren’t together. She tells him don’t worry she will raise the kid on her own. She is now ready to have a baby after being married for 10 years and not having one….

Right. She was wrong for all of that shyt. But that doesn’t mean she wont feel anyway towards letting Lawrence do whatever he wants with a baby she felt like she carries a significantly larger than normal burden for. It’s not unreasonable for her to not trust a dude who’s been non existent and then inconsistent physically and emotionally.

The entire situation is fukked. The only way to go about fixing it is through understanding and communication.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Much much better episode than the first 2. Felt like those first two were just filler.

I feel for Lawrence. He’s doing his best to be there for his son but Condola isn’t making it easy for him. She’s going through it as well, that single mother life is draining..
Lawrence isn’t doing his best at all LOL. He’s trying sure, but he’s not doing anything near what he thinks he’s doing. I mean, breh didn’t even make a crib until after the baby was born. Condola isn’t making it “easy” on him, but that’s not anywhere near how hard he made the WHOLE process for her either.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Would’ve preferred they did the Wine Down with the dude who plays Lawerence to get his thoughts on his characters actions last episode

:manny: I just figured Issa set up the platform for Christina since almost everybody hates her character and actions leading up to this episode.

Condola actress can't move safely in the streets she had to get some positive portrayal :mjlol:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Lawrence isn’t doing his best at all LOL. He’s trying sure, but he’s not doing anything near what he thinks he’s doing. I mean, breh didn’t even make a crib until after the baby was born. Condola isn’t making it “easy” on him, but that’s not anywhere near how hard he made the WHOLE process for her either.
Regarding the crib, the baby was early :yeshrug:

I will say they've both made this process hard. Like I said earlier, everything ain't his fault, but he's gonna have to fix it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
this lawrence shyt is too real. bytch made the decision to have this kid, and then when he tries to be responsible, she wanna be hella dismissive. but u best believe she won't be dismissing him when it comes to hitting his ass up for that child support.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
As a father with a wife and kids this episode got me triggered. I have never been through any of that shyt and I was about to throw the remote. My wife kept hitting me with the :mjgrin: face every time I got mad :russ:

Constipation was a whole a$$hole from the first scene. Not even giving him the chance to see his kid brought into the world and letting him know he has a baby through a text message is foul as fukk.

Lawrence is definitely not without fault either though. You gotta put that pride aside and do what you have to for the baby even though the mom in this situation was not making it easy.

this is correct, but these hoes will try to put your ass thru the ringer if they feeling scorned in any way. I know this first hand.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
this lawrence shyt is too real. bytch made the decision to have this kid, and then when he tries to be responsible, she wanna be hella dismissive. but u best believe she won't be dismissing him when it comes to hitting his ass up for that child support.

Episode got a whole bunch of nikkas triggered. :pachaha:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Don’t forget she actually aborted a baby when she was with husband :francis: