Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
stuff like this is why some men say eff it lmfao. as ive gotten older i dont even blame them. Nobody got time for that mess.
Breh never underestimate the will of a real man to be in their childs life.

A nikka will move mountains to get it done. But the ain't shyt mothers can't have it both ways, you can't push the father away and pick and choose went to include them in your children's life.

Of course the courts are always siding with mothers which is unfortunate, I've heard horror stories.

This episode was definitely a reflection of alot of ppl's reality.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Breh never underestimate the will of a real man to be in their childs life.

A nikka will move mountains to get it done. But the ain't shyt mothers can't have it both ways, you can't push the father away and pick and choose went to include them in your children's life.

Of course the courts are always siding with mothers which is unfortunate, I've heard horror stories.

This episode was definitely a reflection of alot of ppl's reality.

nah, when both parents say lets have a kid, you have a point. Abortion is legal, nobody forcing these women to have the baby especially when you arent married.

we have let folks not be accountable for too damn long and our community is in shambles. COPARENTING DOES NOT WORK. NOTHING the non custodial parent does will ever be enough.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Man what yall needed to see? The end of season 4 had them start the process. The premiere of season 5 has them going through the motions still on the edge until the robbery happened.

That was an extreme circumstance that pushed them back together.

She wasn't crying over Lawrence. She was crying about fukking up with her career. She put in work for a year building her brand to showcase talent. She tries to scale things down to secure funding, the artist went left and it worked. She is back to questioning herself. Being insecure

She literally told Nathan she thought she was ready, what does that have to do with her career, everything worked out with the show, she wasn't even bothered by that. She was crying over Lawrence.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
How is Lawrence a deadbeat? He gotta work to support his kid, condola chose to have a baby knowing she wasn't married to him. If he stayed in LA making less money she would complain about that too. Can't please these broads.

From what I remember Condoleezza has her own money, that isn't what she needs from Lawrence. She put her foot in her mouth when she told Lawrence he could be as involved or not, as he wanted to be. She needs him more present to help with the baby but is too prideful to ask.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
thats either s woman or troll. Lol dude literally found out vis text the baby was born.

One great thing about television is that people can interpret a character's behavior and motivations a number of different ways. Two people can watch the same show and walk away with something different. Imagine that.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This show is at an interesting point because Lawrence's life and story is much more interesting than Issa's. It's only so many times we can see her struggle with trying to figure this life shyt out. :snooze:

On another note, I just had a kid in July with my wife. Watching this episode made me realize that I wouldn't wish that co-parent life on nobody. Hell my wife be mad when I go play a round of golf and leave her with the baby. I can't imagine the stress if I was in a whole 'nother city living my life. I actually empathize with Condola a bit because she's the one that has to be with the baby and dealing with a newborn 24/7 is stressful. So I'm not surprised there'd be some resentment towards Lawrence. Me and my wife look at each other all the time and say, "I don't know how single parents do this"

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
She literally told Nathan she thought she was ready, what does that have to do with her career, everything worked out with the show, she wasn't even bothered by that. She was crying over Lawrence.
call me crazy but I dont think she was. I think she got emotional because all the shyt she went through(her doing of course)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
To be fair to Canola Oil, Lawrence did tell her to "keep him posted" regarding the pregnancy. If you have ever been around a pregnant woman, her having to stir on that for 9 months isn't going to end well. So there should be no surprise she was being very spiteful once Lawrence wants to show up and be upset that he wasn't involved in certain matters. I mean Lawrence was on a date while his baby was being born. :russ:
I can't say Lawrence is completely innocent for the situation he found himself in.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
To be fair to Canola Oil, Lawrence did tell her to "keep him posted" regarding the pregnancy. If you have ever been around a pregnant woman, her having to stir on that for 9 months isn't going to end well. So there should be no surprise she was being very spiteful once Lawrence wants to show up and be upset that he wasn't involved in certain matters. I mean Lawrence was on a date while his baby was being born. :russ:
I can't say Lawrence is completely innocent for the situation he found himself in.
You do know that she didnt tell him she was in the hospital right? He was told the baby was Born already via text message :laff:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You do know that she didnt tell him she was in the hospital right? He was told the baby was Born already via text message :laff:

Yes of course I know that, but from her stand point, while its definitely vindictive, why bother telling him if he hasn't been involved throughout the whole pregnancy? Him being on a date at the time his baby was being born shows just how out of sight, out of mind Lawrence was in regards to her being pregnant.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
thats either s woman or troll. Lol dude literally found out vis text the baby was born.

Baby was premature. That's why he was shocked.

It appears that they kept in minimal contact throughout the pregnancy and he had a due date in his mind and the baby came way before that. It probably was an emergency and a family member texted him. I can see a plausible situation where Condola's fam is rushing her to the hospital. In that case, contacting Lawrence is not a priority. The writers make it seem like they had the base level of contact. Hell, they didn't even talk about a name. Did Lawrence go to prenatal appointments?

Truth be told, Lawrence was in a lose/lose position. The minute you disengage from a chick having your kid you gotta accept that ANYTHING can happen because you're not there. There will be resentment and nothing you do will be considered good enough. He'd almost be better off being a deadbeat :wow:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Baby was premature. That's why he was shocked.

It appears that they kept in minimal contact throughout the pregnancy and he had a due date in his mind and the baby came way before that. It probably was an emergency and a family member texted him. I can see a plausible situation where Condola's fam is rushing her to the hospital. In that case, contacting Lawrence is not a priority. The writers make it seem like they had the base level of contact. Hell, they didn't even talk about a name. Did Lawrence go to prenatal appointments?

Truth be told, Lawrence was in a lose/lose position. The minute you disengage from a chick having your kid you gotta accept that ANYTHING can happen because you're not there. There will be resentment and nothing you do will be considered good enough. He'd almost be better off being a deadbeat :wow:

you'd have a point but the already naming the kid and all that stuff tells otherwise. IMO Women in these situations are so thirsty for a baby, yet still have a natural shame because they are unwed (no matter how much they try to brag about single and strong) which leads to resentment to the kids father. Nothing Lawerence can do will satisfy her because a woman shouldn't be dictating this stuff lol. We abandon logic because this dysfunction is normal to us. Either you want him to not provide and be there emotionally 100% but then when he does that she will cry he doesn't provide, and if he provides 100% she will cry he isn't there emotionally. Co Parenting is not normal and never will be, its not healthy and there is zero way to make sense of it. The issue is when we are faced with these situations, many women lack the ability to pause their emotions and put the survival of the child first and work with the father. All that 'my baby' talk says everything, but folks think its normal.