Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
the stuff Issa is going through tends to be kiddy stuff top the avg man so we really dont have empathy for it, mean while the stuff Lawerence goes through is much more relatable to us
Now that you said that it makes perfect sense to me. Which is why I said I wouldn’t mind seeing a spin off with him for a season.

Man if goes through all this and it ain’t his baby I’m going to fukking holla lmaooo.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I honestly saw a lot of my sister in Condola. From her pov, Lawrence wasn't around for her pregnancy but now wants to be involved. In her eyes, it's like "Great. NOW you wanna be around for the easy part." It's not really up to Condola to give Lawrence the benefit of the doubt. He has to prove himself to her for however long it takes. Fathers shouldn't get credit for doing the bare minimum. They have to find a healthy way to communicate, but being that Condola is handling the bulk of the parenting, I do think it's fair for her to call the shots.

This was a really great episode. Neither Lawrence nor Condola were in the wrong and I see his pov too, but I'm partial to Condola because I watched my sister go through this.
C’mon son. Don’t do this Playa :gucci:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Much much better episode than the first 2. Felt like those first two were just filler.

I feel for Lawrence. He’s doing his best to be there for his son but Condola isn’t making it easy for him. She’s going through it as well, that single mother life is draining..
Issue is she signed up willingly for it so i have no remorse

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This man Lawrence is wayyyy tooooo nice for these hoes. Cornfield and Issa.

You text me telling me you just had my baby not even a phone call, I'm cussing everyone out even the grandmother and getting kicked out the hospital.

I ain't even going to go into a spill on the rest of the episode.
I feel you, he is too nice. But would Lawrence be where he is if he was that bitter ass man? I think being himself got him pretty far. It might not work for someone else but for him it did.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
C’mon son. Don’t do this Playa :gucci:

While it's great Issa and co has created a character that resonates so well with people, I think we need to remind ourselves that Lawrence is not a real person. Clearly people here have projected themselves onto him, but don't take it as personal attack if someone even slightly criticizes his actions. At the end of the day, this is just a tv show and I thought my post was fair.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
While it's great Issa and co has created a character that resonates so well with people, I think we need to remind ourselves that Lawrence is not a real person. Clearly people here have projected themselves onto him, but don't take it as personal attack if someone even slightly criticizes his actions. At the end of the day, this is just a tv show and I thought my post was fair.
"Lawrence wasn't around for her pregnancy but now wants to be involved"

That statement alone is bullshyt...... And why the fukk would it be a personal attack to me....

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Solid ep :ehh: best acted and the most that has happened so far. Lawrence was getting it tf in while the baby going through and giving hell :dead:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Condola is the prototypical cut off my nose to spite my face type of woman.

Thank your lucky stars a man has the means and ability to take care of your son and you listen to the outside noise and make your life difficult.

Pride is the devil. Lawrence is a new father, so even him turning up on Condola was a rookie father move. Post partum mothers are really going through it, I learned the hard way when my son was born :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Condola is the prototypical cut off my nose to spite my face type of woman.

Thank your lucky stars a man has the means and ability to take care of your son and you listen to the outside noise and make your life difficult.

Pride is the devil. Lawrence is a new father, so even him turning up on Condola was a rookie father move. Post partum mothers are really going through it, I learned the hard way when my son was born :mjlol:

stuff like this is why some men say eff it lmfao. as ive gotten older i dont even blame them. Nobody got time for that mess.