Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I agree. But the truth is, you don’t get credit for doing your job. He felt like him trying the way he was, was enough since “some guys don’t even do that”. But that doesn’t mean what your doing is actually enough for the baby’s needs.
thats why he asked "what more do you want me to do?" hes not saying it in a condescending way, he legit wants to know cause he doesnt know.

she knows what she was getting into, she knows that he's in a different city. why cant she open her mouth and say what more she needs/wants? i know she cant demand for him to move back since they arent together, but he's trying to communicate to make it work. tell him? do you want to co-parent? one week SF, one week LA? do you want to move to SF? do you want him back in LA? wtf does she want? hes trying to communicate, and communication is the foundation of any relationship.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
27vucas.jpg

Thundercat really dropped a brand new song just for this show :wow::lawd:

It’ll hit streaming services once the season’s soundtrack drops.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Lawrence episode was better then the previous episodes.

But damn they're making Lawrence look like a deadbeat.

I didn’t get deadbeat from this episode whatsoever. The man has to work to support his child and Condola already decided to keep him out of major decisions, which effects how vested he can be.

Besides this is all a set up to get him to move back to LA so that the writers can keep up the “will they won’t they?” Dynamic between Lawrence and Issa

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
thats why he asked "what more do you want me to do?" hes not saying it in a condescending way, he legit wants to know cause he doesnt know.

she knows what she was getting into, she knows that he's in a different city. why cant she open her mouth and say what more she needs/wants? i know she cant demand for him to move back since they arent together, but he's trying to communicate to make it work. tell him? do you want to co-parent? one week SF, one week LA? do you want to move to SF? do you want him back in LA? wtf does she want? hes trying to communicate, and communication is the foundation of any relationship.
Does anyone remember how they broke up? Didn’t she not really even like him like that and basically deaded the relationship only to hit him up later to tell him she’s pregnant?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Does anyone remember how they broke up? Didn’t she not really even like him like that and basically deaded the relationship only to hit him up later to tell him she’s pregnant?

They broke up because Condola TOLD lawrence to his FACE that she didn't want to get remarried nor did she want children. Lawrence, wanting marriage and children in his future, decided to fall back; which set the path for Lawrence and Issa to get back together.

Only AFTER Lawrence and Issa got back together did Condola pop up pregnant. They never say officially but the intimation was that she was on some sort of birth control because when she tells him he looks dumfounded and says “I thought we were being safe” to which she says “We were”.

It always seemed hella suspect that she went from not wanting kids to “Hey i’m pregnant! And keeping it!” As soon as it becomes well known that Issa and Lawrence were back together

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lawrence centric episodes have always been dope for me. Jay is decent enough to hold down a show alone as long as the writing is up to Insecure’s standards.
Haven't watched yet but I really always felt lawerence needs a spin off. He represents of segment of black men who have little to know representation in film + the people that would surround him would tie in other segments.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They broke up because Condola TOLD lawrence to his FACE that she didn't want to get remarried nor did she want children. Lawrence, wanting marriage and children in his future, decided to fall back; which set the path for Lawrence and Issa to get back together.

Only AFTER Lawrence and Issa got back together did Condola pop up pregnant. They never say officially but the intimation was that she was on some sort of birth control because when she tells him he looks dumfounded and says “I thought we were being safe” to which she says “We were”.

It always seemed hella suspect that she went from not wanting kids to “Hey i’m pregnant! And keeping it!” As soon as it becomes well known that Issa and Lawrence were back together

the show won't go into it but women in her demo are now the biggest group of Single moms. They literally just want the babies and nothing else lol.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. But the truth is, you don’t get credit for doing your job. He felt like him trying the way he was, was enough since “some guys don’t even do that”. But that doesn’t mean what your doing is actually enough for the baby’s needs.

unmarried parents it will NEVER be enough thats why its always a losing battle for the parent who doesn't have custody. No matter what they do it can never be enough. You have a baby with someone yall need to be together until the child is out the house point blank. Stuff like this is why we are in a mess, you shouldn't carry if you aint married.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This episode was much better than the other 2. Not sure if I'm just tired of Issa as a character or what but her shyt is boring and the writing is getting weird with the weird fashion show and robbery shyt.

This episode was way better than the other shyt they had going on. Candeola is a whole bytch though! I mean I get she is a single mom and because of this sacrifices a lot, however you don't have to make it hard for the father who wants to be there.

the stuff Issa is going through tends to be kiddy stuff top the avg man so we really dont have empathy for it, mean while the stuff Lawerence goes through is much more relatable to us

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I thought so. Which is funny how everyone is conveniently leaving all that shyt out to shyt on Lawrence.

Any of you brehs watching Love Life? Main character found himself in a similar situation…

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

While I was watching the episode, I was definitely thinking Condola was putting Lawrence through all that bullshyt for a baby that isn’t his OR hitting him with that spite baby since he had moved on, but I gave Issa/the writers the benefit of the doubt. I still don’t feel quite right about this baby tbh

Last edited: