Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Season started out slow but the final had a a lot of good and serious topics. Well put together.
:francis:As someone who was going raw (not shooting up the club) with the woman I’m seeing now, this episode to me. That brother (albeit) a fictional character got his life coming together and had this drop.

I’m playing it safe from now on coli breh.

and that Kobe mural this episode got to me. I can’t lie :mjcry:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
If Condola is any type of stand up women her next interaction with issa she should say this was BEFORE her and Lawrence got back together...but its going to get messy thoe I can see it .
Issa already know what’s up. She stop Lawrence from going to see Condola that night. She listen to his conversation while he was outside. She know she was trying to contact him all night that day. Issa like many women wanted Lawrence even more because it was another chick around.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
pretty much. Condola seems like she’d be difficult as fukk to co parent with.

I just feel like she'll throw Issa and the situation in his face all the time no matter what.

I also feel like Lawrence gets in his own head and holds himself back and his desire to do the right thing (be a good father) could stop him from progressing professionally with this move

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On one hand the pregnancy was telegraphed like a motherfukker and I hoped they wouldn't be that obvious. nikkas in their 30s should not be having oops babies. That said, no birth control is truly 100%, I know people that had kids while on the pill or using condoms. However, on the other hand they did pull off quite the bait and switch. They made it seem like this episode was gonna be all about Issa and man drama and that shyt was resolved immediately and this ep ended up revloving around post partum and...well pre-partum for my man Lawrence. Issa and Lawrence just can't catch a break. They were both young and immature and trying to figure shyt out the first time. The broke up, got themselves together in all aspects, looking like its' bout to be happily ever after and then boom! this nikka is a baby daddy. Also, did he lie? He told Issa that him and Condola and talked and they were done. But then he came back at the end with the pregnancy shyt. I highly doubt they had this break up convo, after she was blowing him up mind you, and the pregnancy didn't come up.

It's funny, I always looked at the title as a reference to Issa and all her shyt. However, it's becoming more and more about Molly. Issa has her shyt, but she has at least demonstrated the ability to maintain a relationship. She can interact with other people in an healthy, respectful way. Molly ass, is 30+ and never had a real relationship and straight sabotaged her legit shot at one. I will say that she had every reason to not want to be around Andrew's brother. He should have understood that. He should have been checked his ass. But she does have this fukked up thing where everything must revolve around her and be on her time. Even the reunion with Issa. That don't happen if Andrew doesn't drop her ass. This broad is so insecure that she cannot give so much as an inch, unless she is just flat out forced to.

I am interested to see how next season goes. Is Condola a fixture a now? Is Issa gonna be able to get over Lawrence being "tainted"? That was a very telling choice of words and I had never really heard that from the female side before. Are her and Molly really good, or will Molly drop that ass once again when she find some steady dikk?

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
:jbhmm: I gotta rewatch, but I thought she alluded to the fact that she terminated a pregnancy with Mark (her ex husband)....said it wasn't the time or some shyt
She didnt have a baby when she was pregnant with her husband(In marriage but she wants to have one for a nikka she just paints as a fukk buddy. She wants to have that baby because he was leaving. She knew he was done with her. I see this type of shyt all the time. shyt is absurd but that’s women.

Their Truth is in how they feel:scust:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Issa already know what’s up. She stop Lawrence from going to see Condola that night. She listen to his conversation while he was outside. She know she was trying to contact him all night that day. Issa like many women wanted Lawrence even more because it was another chick around.

I disagree. I think Issa saw this as a moment they would never have again, so she took it. Her asking to stay was visual representation of how she changed from the chick who just accepted life “as-is” and sulked about it, versus the chick who chooses happiness and finds a way to get to said happiness. Condola, pre pregnancy, wasn’t that much of a factor as you perceived her to be.

Lawrence owes it to himself to take that new job, don't get stuck in LA with Condola

I agree. For one, he needs the upgrade in pay to offset the child support. In a year or 2, he can return to LA at a higher pay rate & form bonds/memories that the child can actually remember.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
molly came running back to issa like

rTdnMFQ.png

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I disagree. I think Issa saw this as a moment they would never have again, so she took it. Her asking to stay was visual representation of how she changed from the chick who just accepted life “as-is” and sulked about it, versus the chick who chooses happiness and finds a way to get to said happiness. Condola, pre pregnancy, wasn’t that much of a factor as you perceived her to be.

I agree. For one, he needs the upgrade in pay to offset the child support. In a year or 2, he can return to LA at a higher pay rate & form bonds/memories that the child can actually remember.
Nah, Issa is selfish. If she really cared about him she would have left him alone and stayed friends.

And Condola was always a factor. Issa always brings her up. As to with Condola bringing Issa up. They both wanted him so the other couldn’t have him. I see this with my female friends all the time.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
The way Lawrence held his head up and didn't break eye contact when telling Issa about Condola was :wow::mjcry::salute:

And Molly was fine as shyt the whole damn episode :damn: told yall she at her baddest when she dress down and not doing the most

All the fineness in the world don't make her exempt from getting bushed though and I'm glad my ninja Andrew finally gave her the deavors :camby:

Daps
Nah, Issa is selfish. If she really cared about him she would have left him alone and stayed friends.

And Condola was always a factor. Issa always brings her up. As to with Condola bringing Issa up. They both wanted him so the other couldn’t have him. I see this with my female friends all the time.

It even more dangerous with women in they 30s . What condola did was a "to keep a nikka baby " .Women in they 30 got much baggage it crazy how they did the typical promote single motherhood and Lawrence looks like the "baby daddy" that anit shyt in a way. I tell young men all the time it's the chics that don't look or act ratchet ...but mentally be a bird which is scary . The shyt condola did was a low blow cause she had to have known that he was with issa . I swear women are something else .

Last edited: