Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Guarantee that’s not Lawrence baby, it’s whoever she smashed while she was “getting her pipes fixed” :mjpls:

that argument when Lawrence finds out :wow:
It's his baby , she's a good girl. First she said she didn't want a family & ends up pregnant then tells the negro he can participate if he wants to :snoop::jbhmm: she will put his ass on child support or issa is gonna drop a banana peel :dame:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It's his baby , she's a good girl. First she said she didn't want a family & ends up pregnant then tells the negro he can participate if he wants to :snoop::jbhmm: she will put his ass on child support or issa is gonna drop a banana peel :dame:

She lying peep her facial expression as he is in shock :mjpls:. She tried to set him up up with that “participate or not” bullshyt question, he probably a better option than whoever else in her rotation

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i thought this was a great season. a lot of self-reflection and self-discovery for molly and issa.

the conversation between molly/andrew and condola/lawrence was good.

seems like andrew smelled molly's bullshyt a mile away. i think she was trying to force the relationship to work since she wasn't rocking with issa anymore.

damn i feel bad for lawrence. situations like this is where the guy should be able to be a decision maker in keeping the baby or not. everything was looking up for him but condola out here playing games. i know she wanted to keep the baby to spite issa and trap lawrence.

and it's nice to see issa and molly back together. i like their relationship.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
She lying peep her facial expression as he is in shock :mjpls:. She tried to set him up up with that “participate or not” bullshyt question, he probably a better option than whoever else in her rotation
Hopefully he is not dumb enough to shoot da club up

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
It's not ruined just more difficult...

:patrice: He still has a job "for now", still alive, still has a roof over his head, so it's not ruined. But....lost a potentially great career move, potentially lost out on the woman he is trying to build with and now got a kid on the way with a woman whom he fell out with. That's real difficult.

If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans :wow:

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
She wants that negro back , how will she react when she finds out issa was making luv to her D!k

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Great season! That finale struck a nerve cause I know that feeling of moving on into a new relationship that's going great, and then bam, the ok chick pop up saying she pregnant. Lawrence reaction was real cause you don't want to seem insensitive but damn, we ain't even together, we broke up for a reason and now we supposed to be linked for the rest of our lives? It's a lot....

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Hell NO. He loves issa but that LOVE will be put to the test again next season. It would be best if he dosent have custody of the child and set up some type visiting times with her. Next season I can already tell its going to be emotionally draining :francis:

Issa is hella irresponsible and self centered though. He should have left her and never came back if we are being honest.
Damn, that's depressing :mjcry: He don't want her ass

My breh went from having mad chicks to committing to a chick, to rekindling with his old chick, to impregnating the wrong chick. I think Lawrence might not have any chicks at this point :snoop:

Dude made stupid decisions.

Daps
If Condola is any type of stand up women her next interaction with issa she should say this was BEFORE her and Lawrence got back together...but its going to get messy thoe I can see it .

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Thing is Condola didn’t tell that to a girlfriend...she told that to his ex.

I’ve been thinking that Condola was the “one upper” type of chick since e1. I tried to ignore it but she keeps showing those traits. How did I see this? In e1, she decides to have sex with him right after the networking party. IMO, she saw Issa as a good person & was marking her territory, thus one upping Issa.

Now let’s compare her to Issa. Despite all Issa’s many failures, Issa was able to set aside her personal feelings & tried to maintain a general/friendly connection with Condola. But when the tables turn, Condola unprofessionally drops Issa. This shows that Condola could only maintain some level of comfort when she had the upper hand, but things totally shifted when she found that Lawrence still had feelings for his ex. This is a “one upper” type of reaction.

I already know you guys may not see it. But allowing yourself to get pregnant for a dude that’s still not over his ex is, in fact, a “one upper” move.

Why does any of this matter? Because a “one upper” type chick will always try to make something appear to be more to a person that is supposed to be beneath her. Condola literally went from describing Lawrence as a f0ck buddy to her friends in Nov, to explaining her & Lawrence’s situation as a “breakup” to Issa in January. For additional context, they most likely broke up in December. Why is she switching narratives month after month...it’s b/c she’s a “one upper” type of chick.
I don't know what an one upper is but I know there are men and women like Condola who want to get all of the shine and don't want to maintain a relationship unless they are winning.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Kellie a crazy motherfukker telling the officer I already been tazed before so taze me again lol.

Also damn Lawrence got Condola pregnant. He might as well try to fix things with her at this point smh.
That's the worst idea ever. It didn't work for a reason. Take your L and work out child support with her if she's feasible.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
That's the worst idea ever. It didn't work for a reason. Take your L and work out child support with her if she's feasible.
If that's the case he should drop both of them and move on. Issa cheated on him and has shown herself to be selfish in the past.