Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Not in one now. Anytime I was in one she was supportive of it even though she was a little jealous about it. I always made it a point with her thought that who I'm dating or in a relationship with is of no concern to her.

Are you okay with other dudes smashing her?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Are you okay with other dudes smashing her?
Completely. She's been hitting me up talking about how bad she needs some dikk. I don't want to give her any hope of us being together so I've been encouraging her to jump on Tinder. With the way she looks she'll be able to pull something new within 5 minutes of being on there.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Thing is Condola didn’t tell that to a girlfriend...she told that to his ex.

I’ve been thinking that Condola was the “one upper” type of chick since e1. I tried to ignore it but she keeps showing those traits. How did I see this? In e1, she decides to have sex with him right after the networking party. IMO, she saw Issa as a good person & was marking her territory, thus one upping Issa.

Now let’s compare her to Issa. Despite all Issa’s many failures, Issa was able to set aside her personal feelings & tried to maintain a general/friendly connection with Condola. But when the tables turn, Condola unprofessionally drops Issa. This shows that Condola could only maintain some level of comfort when she had the upper hand, but things totally shifted when she found that Lawrence still had feelings for his ex. This is a “one upper” type of reaction.

I already know you guys may not see it. But allowing yourself to get pregnant for a dude that’s still not over his ex is, in fact, a “one upper” move.

Why does any of this matter? Because a “one upper” type chick will always try to make something appear to be more to a person that is supposed to be beneath her. Condola literally went from describing Lawrence as a f0ck buddy to her friends in Nov, to explaining her & Lawrence’s situation as a “breakup” to Issa in January. For additional context, they most likely broke up in December. Why is she switching narratives month after month...it’s b/c she’s a “one upper” type of chick.

That's a wild (yet completely accurate) observation :wow:

I made an observation offline to a friend that Condola is a different person every single time she is shown on the screen. Now that this season is fully wrapped up, they did a really poor job of fully fleshing out that character's traits and motivations so the audience can really understand her. I wish they would have spent a little more time with her for the sake of the overall storyline.

Last edited:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Also damn Lawrence got Condola pregnant. He might as well try to fix things with her at this point smh.

Damn, that's depressing :mjcry: He don't want her ass

My breh went from having mad chicks to committing to a chick, to rekindling with his old chick, to impregnating the wrong chick. I think Lawrence might not have any chicks at this point :snoop:

Daps
Kellie a crazy motherfukker telling the officer I already been tazed before so taze me again lol.

Also damn Lawrence got Condola pregnant. He might as well try to fix things with her at this point smh.

Hell NO. He loves issa but that LOVE will be put to the test again next season. It would be best if he dosent have custody of the child and set up some type visiting times with her. Next season I can already tell its going to be emotionally draining :francis:

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
Thing is Condola didn’t tell that to a girlfriend...she told that to his ex.

I’ve been thinking that Condola was the “one upper” type of chick since e1. I tried to ignore it but she keeps showing those traits. How did I see this? In e1, she decides to have sex with him right after the networking party. IMO, she saw Issa as a good person & was marking her territory, thus one upping Issa.

Now let’s compare her to Issa. Despite all Issa’s many failures, Issa was able to set aside her personal feelings & tried to maintain a general/friendly connection with Condola. But when the tables turn, Condola unprofessionally drops Issa. This shows that Condola could only maintain some level of comfort when she had the upper hand, but things totally shifted when she found that Lawrence still had feelings for his ex. This is a “one upper” type of reaction.

I already know you guys may not see it. But allowing yourself to get pregnant for a dude that’s still not over his ex is, in fact, a “one upper” move.

Why does any of this matter? Because a “one upper” type chick will always try to make something appear to be more to a person that is supposed to be beneath her. Condola literally went from describing Lawrence as a f0ck buddy to her friends in Nov, to explaining her & Lawrence’s situation as a “breakup” to Issa in January. For additional context, they most likely broke up in December. Why is she switching narratives month after month...it’s b/c she’s a “one upper” type of chick.

You dropping knowledge right now, lol.

:ohhh:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
My boy Lawrence life ruined just like that smh

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In the sense of everybody basically predicting everything that was gonna happen or somebody actually laying out the "real" script details?
I had a Google Alert pop up on my Google Home page on my phone from some entertainment site that was like, "Insecure fans think Candola is pregnant"... I didn't need to see that in my feed, I wasn't looking for any predictions, but there it was.