Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The pregnant twist was a little soapy, the format doesn't really lend itself to comprehensive storytelling, and not all if it works, but still a stellar season of television. Something like the mental health/bi polar worked, the Tiffany/Condola storyline worked a little less.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I remember talking toy therapist a few years back and some how we got on the conversation of women and babies ....

She said herself that it was black women that would come in and be having trouble with the farthers of they child . Anyway she admitted that most the black womens they came said they knew wasn't wife material but still wanted a baby . They wanted something that loved them back . When my therapist told me this ...I've would be able to trust women after that was said . It's like their level of manipulation and deception know NO bounds and to me that's dangerous . You don't play with anybodys life cause you only get one chance at this shyt ....and people wonder why I'll never get married . My therapist is a black women and you could tell she was disappointed. Most men try to have hope that all women anit the same but damn do women make it hard for you to think other wise .

I hate to be that person, but not all black women are like this. I have several friends that are really serious & thoughtful about family planning. My friends, as well as many other black women, are serious about making life altering decisions with their husbands and not for their husbands.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I hate to be that person, but not all black women are like this. I have several friends that are really serious & thoughtful about family planning. My friends, as well as many other black women, are serious about making life altering decisions with their husbands and not for their husbands.

If those women are seeing a therapist, I'm gonna say that there's a specific type of woman who does this. It's why they're going to the therapist in the 1st place.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
If those women are seeing a therapist, I'm gonna say that there's a specific type of woman who does this. It's why they're going to the therapist in the 1st place.

I don't think that anything is wrong with therapy. Sometimes people have huge issues. Other times, people need someone to help them get out of a rut.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I don't think that anything is wrong with therapy. Sometimes people have huge issues. Other times, people need someone to help them get out of a rut.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong. Just that the type of women having babies because they feel they have no purpose or love in life are the ones going to therapy. So of course, you're gonna find a lot of that type there.

But they're not indicative of all women. That's my point.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I'm not saying there's anything wrong. Just that the type of women having babies because they feel they have no purpose or love in life are the ones going to therapy. So of course, you're gonna find a lot of that type there.

But they're not indicative of all women. That's my point.

I misinterpreted what you said. I get your point now. I agree.

Daps

okay ...:beli:

Daps

I know ALL TYPES of women that go to therapy ...I gave a "description" of a confession several women have made in therapy. I have more stories than this and it dosent stop there . I just thought it was interesting that condola did what she did in that episode and me and my therapist talked about this a year and some change. Now that I remember we were talking about career women and my therapist had read an article about a women wanting a baby at 49 and that's how that chat got kicked off that lead to her telling me that . As far as there is a TYPE that goes to a therapist ...in the word of my therapist. "Most people can stand to go to therapy the reason that many people do not is simply when you tell people your going to therapy or you mention it people they look at you different or put you in a box if you will. Sometimes I go therapy not because im going threw anything but because I just want to talk about what's on my mind .

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I cant stand how they shoehorn in these big issues like post partum depression(tiff) and mental health(nate) at the end of the season. Like none of this shyt was even remotely mentioned before.
Postpartum really is slow churning. It's not easy to see like depression till someone goes over the edge.

Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
I cant stand how they shoehorn in these big issues like post partum depression(tiff) and mental health(nate) at the end of the season. Like none of this shyt was even remotely mentioned before.

The Tiffany thing wasn’t shoehorned. They’ve been implying that she may have been suffering from PPD ever since she had the child.

There were little comments and behaviors I picked up on immediately that had me thinking something was wrong.