Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Me and my baby's mother were off and on again so much as she was crazy and I was immature and did shyt to set her off on the regular. Both times she was pregnant we had broken up in the middle of it. Both times I tried to talk her in to not having it. We are still really good friends and she wants to be together but I had to hit her with the "we're just not a good match".

Are you in a serious relationship now? If so, how has you children’s mom responded to that?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Are you in a serious relationship now? If so, how has you children’s mom responded to that?
Not in one now. Anytime I was in one she was supportive of it even though she was a little jealous about it. I always made it a point with her thought that who I'm dating or in a relationship with is of no concern to her.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
:mjlol: The mental gymnastics yall broads play in your head sometimes. When is the last time you ever told one of your girlfriends 'yeah me and 'fukkbuddy' broke up last night'?

Just cause the relationship was dysfunctional and unstable doesn't take away from the fact that they both saw it as a relationship. Who uses the term "broke up" for fukkbuddies ending their situation? yall just stop calling each other and leave it at that.

Thing is Condola didn’t tell that to a girlfriend...she told that to his ex.

I’ve been thinking that Condola was the “one upper” type of chick since e1. I tried to ignore it but she keeps showing those traits. How did I see this? In e1, she decides to have sex with him right after the networking party. IMO, she saw Issa as a good person & was marking her territory, thus one upping Issa.

Now let’s compare her to Issa. Despite all Issa’s many failures, Issa was able to set aside her personal feelings & tried to maintain a general/friendly connection with Condola. But when the tables turn, Condola unprofessionally drops Issa. This shows that Condola could only maintain some level of comfort when she had the upper hand, but things totally shifted when she found that Lawrence still had feelings for his ex. This is a “one upper” type of reaction.

I already know you guys may not see it. But allowing yourself to get pregnant for a dude that’s still not over his ex is, in fact, a “one upper” move.

Why does any of this matter? Because a “one upper” type chick will always try to make something appear to be more to a person that is supposed to be beneath her. Condola literally went from describing Lawrence as a f0ck buddy to her friends in Nov, to explaining her & Lawrence’s situation as a “breakup” to Issa in January. For additional context, they most likely broke up in December. Why is she switching narratives month after month...it’s b/c she’s a “one upper” type of chick.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Molly did not give a fukk about Bruce Lee like that. I know those type of women. They don't really care about you as a person. They see your qualities and simply just want you to play a role in their life. They want a nikka to be that husband/bf that they can go on baecation trips with and polished enough to bring to work events without embarrassing you. nikka to cuddle up with to watch shows only when she wants to watch shows. She did not really care about ol dude which is why she was able to blow him off so easily when it came to going to the NBA game with his brother trying to extend the olive branch or completely disregarding breh expecting Indian food and bringing some other shyt. If we agreed on some Indian curry and you bring me chinese and don't even ask me if I'm ok with it? bytch I'm gone! She way too toxic internally for any dude to deal with

Molly needs to keep it real with herself. She wants to live her life, do what she wants to do, fukk with a nikka when she wants to, be alone when she wants to.

There are a ton of cats on that program, but she's gotta get off this tip where she wants this long term dedicated relationship. She doesn't.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

I’ve been thinking that Condola was the “one upper” type of chick since e1. I tried to ignore it but she keeps showing those traits. How did I see this? In e1, she decides to have sex with him right after the networking party. IMO, she saw Issa as a good person & was marking her territory, thus one upping Issa.

Now let’s compare her to Issa. Despite all Issa’s many failures, Issa was able to set aside her personal feelings & tried to maintain a general/friendly connection with Condola. But when the tables turn, Condola unprofessionally drops Issa. This shows that Condola could only maintain some level of comfort when she had the upper hand, but things totally shifted when she found that Lawrence still had feelings for his ex. This is a “one upper” type of reaction.

I already know you guys may not see it. But allowing yourself to get pregnant for a dude that’s still not over his ex is, in fact, a “one upper” move.

Why does any of this matter? Because a “one upper” type chick will always try to make something appear to be more to a person that is supposed to be beneath her. Condola literally went from describing Lawrence as a f0ck buddy to her friends in Nov, to explaining her & Lawrence’s situation as a “breakup” to Issa in January. For additional context, they most likely broke up in December. Why is she switching narratives month after month...it’s b/c she’s a “one upper” type of chick.

:wow: She having a spite baby to fukk up Issa and Lawrence's relationship. Women are something lol

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

Damn. Never even looked at it from this angle. :ehh: great insight

You've seen the one upper pregnancy move pulled irl?

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Damn. Never even looked at it from this angle. :ehh: great insight

You've seen the one upper pregnancy move pulled irl?

Yup. The circumstances were a bit different b/c they were actually in a relationship, but the ending was pretty much a messy disaster.

That kinda happened for real with the girl that played tasha.

Yeah. She’s nice looking & seems nice overall but clearly makes terrible relationship decisions. There was nothing about Dro that alluded to anything long term. More than likely, she thought this would turn into a Russell type of happy ending. She got a Future instead.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Molly did not give a fukk about Bruce Lee like that. I know those type of women. They don't really care about you as a person. They see your qualities and simply just want you to play a role in their life. They want a nikka to be that husband/bf that they can go on baecation trips with and polished enough to bring to work events without embarrassing you. nikka to cuddle up with to watch shows only when she wants to watch shows. She did not really care about ol dude which is why she was able to blow him off so easily when it came to going to the NBA game with his brother trying to extend the olive branch or completely disregarding breh expecting Indian food and bringing some other shyt. If we agreed on some Indian curry and you bring me chinese and don't even ask me if I'm ok with it? bytch I'm gone! She way too toxic internally for any dude to deal with
She saw him as a object. Something that’s just added to her perfect life.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Kellie a crazy motherfukker telling the officer I already been tazed before so taze me again lol.

Also damn Lawrence got Condola pregnant. He might as well try to fix things with her at this point smh.