Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Did they unpack the real reason why Lawrence and Condola broke up?

I don't really remember other than the convo at the kickback

They more or less had a coming-to that Lawrence still had feelings for Issa, and Condola pretty much saw that shyt from a mile away and tried to get away once she got confirmation. I feel like it was the first "characters facing each other seriously" moment we had this season.

My mans Lawrence had dreams of the corner office and now he cornered, i'm still mad about this :martin:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Whoa:whew: Deep episode. They definitely gave us the pump fake a couple weeks ago regarding the pregnancy. Can't see Issa sticking around through this ordeal. Can't imagine Lawrence taking the new gig with a baby on the way :snoop:. Just a mess.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Did we ever see them having a discussion about being official? Condola pretty much said or alluded to not wanting anything serious b/c she just got divorced after Friendsgiving (their talk in the kitchen). What woman gets into a committed relationship with a guy who she sees as a just d!ck? That’s not how women operate.

I think our disagreement may be b/c we have different descriptions of what a relationship is. A relationship only becomes a relationship when a title is given, otherwise, it’s a situationship which is substantially below a committed bf/gf level.
You don't remember when Condola came to the block party and told Issa her and Lawrence "broke up"? It was a relationship and they both saw it that way

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Did they unpack the real reason why Lawrence and Condola broke up?

I don't really remember other than the convo at the kickback
It was implied at the end of the dinner Lawrence was looking to eventually get married and Condola wasn't since she was fresh out of a divorce. Not on the same page

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
You don't remember when Condola came to the block party and told Issa her and Lawrence "broke up"? It was a relationship and they both saw it that way

And? How else would describe a situation that ended where you have a complicated relationship with the dude’s ex?

These are the facts...
- At first, Lawrence was taking Condola seriously and she saw him as a temporary negro
- For their 1st holiday together, she chooses to not invite him to Friendsgiving despite the fact that she was the only single person there...thus furthering the notion that she’s not that interested
- After Friendsgiving, she poses the Issa question which clearly leads Lawrence to reach out to Issa. At this time, Lawrence & Condola switch roles where Condola apparently wants things to work but Lawrence sees this as an opportunity to move on...just look at his actions or lack thereof.
- Based on Issa’s unanswered texts from Condola for the block party, we find that Condola stopped responding to Issa in early Dec...thus we can assume that even if they were talking, the “break” happened during this time period
- During the Issa/Lawrence date, Lawrence constantly shows that his choice is to maintain the moment with Issa & he treats Condola as “I’ll get back to you when I can

A situationship =/= a relationship. A situationship is cute banter & consistent sex. A relationship is when two people have decided to seriously be together to see where things go. How are they seeing how things will progress when they have literally never been on the same page at the same time??? When Lawrence wants to be serious, Condola sees him as casual d!ck. When Condola is in her feelings about Lawrence enough to dead Issa in the middle of planning for the block party, Lawrence is lukewarm about her. And all of these changes are happening in a FEW MONTHS.

Y’all don’t have to agree with me. But based on the short amount of time AND the volatility/uncertainty during said brief period, this was a damn fling. They just weren’t compatible.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Bruh, it's funny because i've been with my wife for 15 years, and i had to break up with her back in the dating days 13 years ago because i felt we weren't on the same page. we broke up for 3 months, got back together and then came out pregnant 5 months later by surprise.

- so when Andrew was breaking up with Molly, he said - "maybe we're just not a good match". I laughed and told my wife - "now i didn't say THAT to you"
- and Lawrence found out Condola was pregnant and he was questioning why she wants to keep it, i also laughed and told my wife - "now i didn't say THAT to you either"

and here we are 15 years later with 2 kids, smoking together before watching this shyt...laughing about it, but eerily being brought back to those times.
Me and my baby's mother were off and on again so much as she was crazy and I was immature and did shyt to set her off on the regular. Both times she was pregnant we had broken up in the middle of it. Both times I tried to talk her in to not having it. We are still really good friends and she wants to be together but I had to hit her with the "we're just not a good match".

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
The only thing i’m confused about is why didn’t Molly IMMEDIATELY say “YOU!” When Andrew challenged her and asked her what she was fighting for.

Andrew IS the best thing thats ever happened to Molly, thats some shyt you fight for. Unless what she really and truly wants is a Black man with Andrew-like qualities (which would be dope as hell and I hope they explore that next season)
then she ain’t gonna do much better than him.
Molly did not give a fukk about Bruce Lee like that. I know those type of women. They don't really care about you as a person. They see your qualities and simply just want you to play a role in their life. They want a nikka to be that husband/bf that they can go on baecation trips with and polished enough to bring to work events without embarrassing you. nikka to cuddle up with to watch shows only when she wants to watch shows. She did not really care about ol dude which is why she was able to blow him off so easily when it came to going to the NBA game with his brother trying to extend the olive branch or completely disregarding breh expecting Indian food and bringing some other shyt. If we agreed on some Indian curry and you bring me chinese and don't even ask me if I'm ok with it? bytch I'm gone! She way too toxic internally for any dude to deal with

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
It was implied at the end of the dinner Lawrence was looking to eventually get married and Condola wasn't since she was fresh out of a divorce. Not on the same page

Would that cause a break-up?

I understand your point, but does it really cause two people to stop kicking it?

Just asking

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
And? How else would describe a situation that ended where you have a complicated relationship with the dude’s ex?

These are the facts...
- At first, Lawrence was taking Condola seriously and she saw him as a temporary negro
- For their 1st holiday together, she chooses to not invite him to Friendsgiving despite the fact that she was the only single person there...thus furthering the notion that she’s not that interested
- After Friendsgiving, she poses the Issa question which clearly leads Lawrence to reach out to Issa. At this time, Lawrence & Condola switch roles where Condola apparently wants things to work but Lawrence sees this as an opportunity to move on...just look at his actions or lack thereof.
- Based on Issa’s unanswered texts from Condola for the block party, we find that Condola stopped responding to Issa in early Dec...thus we can assume that even if they were talking, the “break” happened during this time period
- During the Issa/Lawrence date, Lawrence constantly shows that his choice is to maintain the moment with Issa & he treats Condola as “I’ll get back to you when I can

A situationship =/= a relationship. A situationship is cute banter & consistent sex. A relationship is when two people have decided to seriously be together to see where things go. How are they seeing how things will progress when they have literally never been on the same page at the same time??? When Lawrence wants to be serious, Condola sees him as casual d!ck. When Condola is in her feelings about Lawrence enough to dead Issa in the middle of planning for the block party, Lawrence is lukewarm about her. And all of these changes are happening in a FEW MONTHS.

Y’all don’t have to agree with me. But based on the short amount of time AND the volatility/uncertainty during said brief period, this was a damn fling. They just weren’t compatible.

yeah the writers did a bad job trying to portray a real relationship outta those two. They were all over the place.

I wouldn't blame anybody for just looking at them as some fukk buddies and not boyfriend and girlfriend.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

These are the facts...

:mjlol: The mental gymnastics yall broads play in your head sometimes. When is the last time you ever told one of your girlfriends 'yeah me and 'fukkbuddy' broke up last night'?

Just cause the relationship was dysfunctional and unstable doesn't take away from the fact that they both saw it as a relationship. Who uses the term "broke up" for fukkbuddies ending their situation? yall just stop calling each other and leave it at that.