Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
@Ziggiy you type and entirely too much and no one cares how you would’ve written the show

They have been showing Tiffany having battling PPD all season. Her and Dereck storyline going in that direction made sense

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i was pretty impressed by the writing of this episode. i did not expect Molly and Issa to make up, and the way they did it was well-executed.

so many times in this we were thrown something that could've went one way or the other:

- is Tiffany dead, at the hotel cheating or at the hotel alone because of postpartum (LOVE Amanda Seales, but she's just not a good actress...could've sold that much better)
- are the cops gonna do some wild shyt to Kelli because she's aggressive, or will they back off (funny moment)
- is Lawrence even going to want Issa to come with him to SF, or does he want to stay with her
- is Lawrence gonna tell Issa that he just fukked Condola last night, or is she gonna tell him that she's fukkin pregnant (WHOA)
- i felt like Andrew would break up with Molly, but didn't think of it in the way of - last week Molly broke up with Issa by saying certain things, this week Andrew broke up with Molly by saying those same/similar things

very emotional episode, and there was some really good acting done across the board.

i also liked the angle of how Condola being pregnant is not something where you can automatically side with the woman. everybody should have empathy for Lawrence's situation, the questions he asked, questioning Condola's POV and seeing it all play out in "real time" was well done.

Last edited:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Naw, nikkas be fukking raw b, it's always she's on the pill when nikkas say that 95% of the time. He would have got blamed if it was the condom.

If she got pregnant on the condom, he would have been hyper aggressively mad at that shyt.
He going to get blamed no matter what:bryan:

She went through being married without having kids. Now thats she's divorce she has one?

Daps
:pachaha:

Show had hit a nice stride once it got to the block party, only for it to jump the fukking shark on the finale. :snoop:

shyt was too predictable and wasted mad screen time looking for the breakdown having bytch. Its like they couldnt flesh out more important shyt, so they created something else to happen to kill time.

Lowkey this shyt turned into The Chi with the storytelling. just when you think nikkas done caught a break and everybody cool, they throw in a major L outta left field to cancel out all the growth and progress. shyt was annoying as fukk.

The last few episodes really saved the season. It was just okay up until the block party.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Did we ever see them having a discussion about being official? Condola pretty much said or alluded to not wanting anything serious b/c she just got divorced after Friendsgiving (their talk in the kitchen). What woman gets into a committed relationship with a guy who she sees as a just d!ck? That’s not how women operate.

I think our disagreement may be b/c we have different descriptions of what a relationship is. A relationship only becomes a relationship when a title is given, otherwise, it’s a situationship which is substantially below a committed bf/gf level.
HAHAHAHAHA you can not be serious about that. Women tell themselves they won't/don't do that but I have seen it happen way too many times. Especially with newly divorced women. They convince themselves they are just having fun and don't want nothing serious but if the dikk is good they become attached and try to make it more. They miss that closeness and miss being in a relationship. Rebound relationships are some real shyt.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Nah, if she was on the pill, he woulda said that, dudes stay with the “I thought you were on the pill”.... “I thought we were safe” means condoms or pullout gang lol

Naw, nikkas be fukking raw b, it's always she's on the pill when nikkas say that 95% of the time. He would have got blamed if it was the condom.

If she got pregnant on the condom, he would have been hyper aggressively mad at that shyt.

Yeah.... Lawrence said we were "careful". The fukk does that mean? Careful ain't safe. Whether they wanted to or not, they've painted Lawrence as the "unsafe sex" nikka lol.....fukking mad broads and got burned, now got a chick preggo trying to use the pullout method. Hate it for the homie bc he wanted Issa back and they looked like things were going well between them. How does Issa stay in that situation? That's messy as shyt

F*ck the relationship with Issa, Lawrence can't move to San Francisco if Condola is really pregnant man.

F*CK

:to:This is what I immediately thought when she said she was preggo. My guy got a real gig, a real opportunity to do some good shyt, and he's probably going to have to turn it down. fukk that absentee father shyt....the character Lawrence is definitely not they type to have a b*stard child he knows about, so Condola even saying that is bullshyt. Also, SF is expensive as fukk.....child support would definitely cramp his ability to live.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
He going to get blamed no matter what:bryan:

She went through being married without having kids. Now thats she's divorce she has one?

:jbhmm: I gotta rewatch, but I thought she alluded to the fact that she terminated a pregnancy with Mark (her ex husband)....said it wasn't the time or some shyt

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
i was pretty impressed by the writing of this episode. i did not expect Molly and Issa to make up, and the way they did it was well-executed.

so many times in this we were thrown something that could've went one way or the other:

- is Tiffany dead, at the hotel cheating or at the hotel alone because of postpartum (LOVE Amanda Seales, but she's just not a good actress...could've sold that much better)
- are the cops gonna do some wild shyt to Kelli because she's aggressive, or will they back off (funny moment)
- is Lawrence even going to want Issa to come with him to SF, or does he want to stay with her
- is Lawrence gonna tell Issa that he just fukked Condola last night, or is she gonna tell him that she's fukkin pregnant (WHOA)
- i felt like Andrew would break up with Molly, but didn't think of it in the way of - last week Molly broke up with Issa by saying certain things, this week Andrew broke up with Molly by saying those same/similar things

very emotional episode, and there was some really good acting done across the board.

i also liked how the angle of how Condola being pregnant is not something where you can automatically side with the woman. everybody should have empathy for Lawrence's situation, the questions he asked, questioning Condola's POV and seeing it all play out in "real time" was well done.
That convo between Lawrence and Condola shook me. Anybody who has had a girl pop up pregnant has had some form of the conversation with the level of hostility rising or falling based on how much we actually like the woman lol.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
^^^

it’s been stickied practically the whole season
troy-staring-gif.gif

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
HAHAHAHAHA you can not be serious about that. Women tell themselves they won't/don't do that but I have seen it happen way too many times. Especially with newly divorced women. They convince themselves they are just having fun and don't want nothing serious but if the dikk is good they become attached and try to make it more. They miss that closeness and miss being in a relationship. Rebound relationships are some real shyt.

And then they are surprised when they get their feelings hurt. Nothing is concrete until a conversation is had...period. Relationships would be a lot healthier if people understood that.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
That convo between Lawrence and Condola shook me. Anybody who has had a girl pop up pregnant has had some form of the conversation with the level of hostility rising or falling based on how much we actually like the woman lol.
Bruh, it's funny because i've been with my wife for 15 years, and i had to break up with her back in the dating days 13 years ago because i felt we weren't on the same page. we broke up for 3 months, got back together and then came out pregnant 5 months later by surprise.

- so when Andrew was breaking up with Molly, he said - "maybe we're just not a good match". I laughed and told my wife - "now i didn't say THAT to you"
- and Lawrence found out Condola was pregnant and he was questioning why she wants to keep it, i also laughed and told my wife - "now i didn't say THAT to you either"

and here we are 15 years later with 2 kids, smoking together before watching this shyt...laughing about it, but eerily being brought back to those times.