Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I see no wine down for the finale? Looks like they launched an official looking for Latoya podcast

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Condola is up to something watch that scene again with her and Lawrence, I don't believe it's his baby. :wtb:

Why she ruining true love with that smirk on her face :damn:

It does feel like something isn’t right. Unfortunately we’ll probably be waiting until 2022 to find out :to:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
maybe Im just built differently, but Lawrence stop winning this season the moment he took Issa's cheating ass back. Especially when they ran into TSA breh on their date and he told Lawrence that him and Issa used to get it in. The disrespect!! :scusthov: It woulda been deuces after that. nikkas in here really talking bout Condola ruining true love, lol. Issa did that 3 seasons ago when she fukked with that soundcloud rapper :russ:

Condola could be turned into a win if he didnt have the new career path in San Fran opening up :francis: Oh well thats the breaks. But if this means more screen time for Condola in Season 5 then Im here for it :yeshrug:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This type of thinking is toxic. It’s one thing to take responsibility for a child that you didn’t plan for...that’s fine. But true consent is actually talking to your partner & coming to an agreed conclusion about family planning before conception.
Nah, brehette, what you're saying is toxic thinking. This is how life works -- when you do something, you know what the possible consequences are, whether you really want that consequence to happen or not. When that consequence happens, you have to now deal with it. You can't cry about it later as though you were tricked.

When you have sex with a woman, you know there's a possibility she gets pregnant. If you really want to eliminate that complete possibility, just don't have sex. :yeshrug:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Did we ever see them having a discussion about being official? Condola pretty much said or alluded to not wanting anything serious b/c she just got divorced after Friendsgiving (their talk in the kitchen). What woman gets into a committed relationship with a guy who she sees as a just d!ck? That’s not how women operate.

I think our disagreement may be b/c we have different descriptions of what a relationship is. A relationship only becomes a relationship when a title is given, otherwise, it’s a situationship which is substantially below a committed bf/gf level.
Ya'll love placing things in categories. They were together. They weren't just fukk buddies. They was kicking it, kicking it. They were a thing. If they fukk buddies, they would put that out there at the beginning, we just kicking it. That's not how this one was, they were in a relationship. It's not hard to see.

fukk buddies - Determine early on.
A relationship is what they were doing. Why is it so hard for ya'll to say it? Do ya'll not try to count the dikk from the non-serious relationships. That's a you thing, this is a relationship.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
maybe Im just built differently, but Lawrence stop winning this season the moment he took Issa's cheating ass back. Especially when they ran into TSA breh on their date and he told Lawrence that him and Issa used to get it in. The disrespect!! :scusthov: It woulda been deuces after that. nikkas in here really talking bout Condola ruining true love, lol. Issa did that 3 seasons ago when she fukked with that soundcloud rapper :russ:

Condola could be turned into a win if he didnt have the new career path in San Fran opening up :francis: Oh well thats the breaks. But if this means more screen time for Condola in Season 5 then Im here for it :yeshrug:
Yeah, it was all types of fukked up. Issa went from Lawrence to :flabbynsick: breh. Lawrence was nailing decent broads for the most part. Rarely had a slip-up which is a testament to him.

But the truth is Lawrence, is entitled to forgive Issa for cheating. Especially if he felt it came from a real place. Issa shouldn't have cheated but Lawrence was losing big time before Best Buy. Best Buy was like the pinnacle at that time and that came too late. That's his discretion.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This type of thinking is toxic. It’s one thing to take responsibility for a child that you didn’t plan for...that’s fine. But true consent is actually talking to your partner & coming to an agreed conclusion about family planning before conception.
Extremely but a lot of brehs come up with this logic so they don't get caught slipping. I had the same mindset as you southern.girl. We fukking, we are being honest every step of the way right

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Let’s first start with the fact that there’s a 0.01% chance of birth control failure. Everyone is not having an accidental pregnancy. Has Condola even met Lawrence’s family & vice versa? This is so off character.
:what:

I know a female who had an accident pregnancy while actively on BC. Crazy

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The only thing i’m confused about is why didn’t Molly IMMEDIATELY say “YOU!” When Andrew challenged her and asked her what she was fighting for.

Andrew IS the best thing thats ever happened to Molly, thats some shyt you fight for. Unless what she really and truly wants is a Black man with Andrew-like qualities (which would be dope as hell and I hope they explore that next season)
then she ain’t gonna do much better than him.

The “Tiffany Is Missing” bit didn’t do anything for me. They didn’t do a very good job with either Tifanny or Derek this season, hell they should have focused on maybe Kelli because Tifanny just feels like a cardboard cut out at this point.

Lawrence and Condola....I must admit I was wrong. I really didn’t think they’d go with the “pregnant” bullshyt. Its cliche as all hell, although I WILL say that the framing of the scene itself was well shot and handled.

They didn’t do enough with Condola this season to make me care about her one way or the other. Honestly she seems shady and like a liar. First she seems like she wants a relationship, then she doesn’t want a relationship and lawrence is just a fukk boi, then she has an issue with Issa even though Issa stepped aside and didn’t do ANYTHING to compromise her situation with Lawrence, now all of a sudden she’s pregnant?!?

It just seems like she’s too all over the place to be trusted. How you only been on the show for the equivalent of half a season and your more wishy washy than Issa, more hot & cold than Molly, and more dense than Lawrence?

Overall it was a cool finale. 7.5/10. I’d rather they let Issa and Lawrence be together and the season 5 drama be getting Molly/Issa back as friends. Molly and Issa literally breakup/makeup at the end of every season, I would have liked to see the dissolution of the friendship have real consequences that took REAL effort to fix.

Last edited: