Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I didn't read the opening exchange between Issa and Lawrence as him genuinely wanting her to move to SF and continue the relationship. It seems like he was leading her on while waiting to find out whether or not he got the job. Mans was ready to start over fresh in a new city with new people.

:francis:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Y’all are killing me with acting like people don’t accidentally get pregnant in their 30’s...one, some people really do rely on condoms as contraceptive which we know can break, fall off, etc, especially if you’re not at the stage of going raw with someone. I’m not big on unnecessary medication so I was never birth control gang unless I was in a committed relationship where I’d be letting him shoot up the club.

Also, by your 30’s, if you have your shyt together, not everyone is gonna run out and get an abortion. there’s no school to finish hanging over your head, your career might be established on well on its way, you’re wise enough to know raising a kid alone ain’t the worst thing, especially if you’re intelligent, emotionally mature and financially secure.

That said, this storyline is a little too messy, one we’ve seen before, and a cheap way to create a setback for them, they should’ve let the distance cause the problem next season, not a side baby
You gotta think about her situation.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Lawrence could find a silver lining in the fact that Condola seems established enough career-wise to handle motherhood and work.

He was out here raw-dikking bartenders and randoms from the grocery story. Even Issa is technically unemployed. Could've been worse.
It's never a silver lining to get someone who's not your wife or future wife pregnant in a million years but yeah, he could have done a lot worse.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You gotta think about her situation.
I am thinking about her situation. She’s a grown ass woman who has been married, has a house, has a career. They mentioned being safe which to me says condom use, she’s pregnant and wants to keep it, makes sense. You in your 30’s, no telling how much longer you have to get pregnant, if you want kids, then keeping it becomes more attractive than getting rid of it like you might in your 20’s when you still got years of fertility left.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I am thinking about her situation. She’s a grown ass woman who has been married, has a house, has a career. They mentioned being safe which to me says condom use, she’s pregnant and wants to keep it, makes sense. You in your 30’s, no telling how much longer you have to get pregnant, if you want kids, then keeping it becomes more attractive than getting rid of it like you might in your 20’s when you still got years of fertility left.
Bitter marriage/divorce takes a massive toll on women, especially on a case by case situation. Safe could mean anything if it comes from a breh. It could be pullout or you on the pill, 95% you on the pill statement from a breh. A lot of times when they find someone desirable, they leech on it even if they know it's not for them because that marriage was taken from them, they want something that can't.

As a dude, I had the opposite reaction and I see I was wrong about it. I was thinking, if you been married before, you want to do it right by any means. Nope, not at all. Even in your 30s, if Ray-Ray knocked you up, you ain't keeping it. But let him be that guy you covet, you will think twice, long and hard about it.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I made a decision after I was 22 after my senior year to be a born again virgin and just wait/look for my wife. 4 years strong, while I wasn't having luck finding my wife but spiritually, I was stronger than ever. Mentoring and everything. In the church 4-5 times a week. A year later, a woman was pregnant with my child and it wasn't someone I see as a wife for me. Yeah, I am just going to say this is an everyday thing and you help from everyone in this process. Just your will power might not be enough. shyt happens

I remember smashing someone a while back and she begged me to take the condom off. I stopped mid fukk and said, "what are we gonna do if you get pregnant?" She said, "we'll have some freckle faced babies running around", and said, "The Standard, would you really want me to me have an abortion at 36????" I put my draws back on and left.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This pregnancy is so cliche. An accidental pregnancy...in your 30s...with a man who was already back in a relationship with his ex??? Really???

plenty of educated females in their 30’s are on this wave.

they got money, they got stability and they don’t want to die alone/have no love in their life. So they get pregnant and have a baby to not end up alone

I can name 5 women I’ve known that have done this within the past 2 years.

shyts real and I’m glad it’s being highlighted :unimpressed:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I remember smashing someone a while back and she begged me to take the condom off. I stopped mid fukk and said, "what are we gonna do if you get pregnant?" She said, "we'll have some freckle faced babies running around", and said, "The Standard, would you really want me to me have an abortion at 36????" I put my draws back on and left.
While you fukking her brains out, her brains are on the beautiful kids you two will produce, and that includes all of them. Even your future wife. Women dream about that shyt. I can't even picture what my kids will look like till they come out and I see them in action, moving, and stuff.

Daps
Probably the best season since the first; sad we’re in for another extended delay.

Seems people are mad at the Condola accidental pregnancy because y’all wanted her to be better than that. These things do happen. Even to “high brow” people (and I lamented before that the show did a poor job even establishing Condola as high brow to the point she’d look down on a guy like Lawrence). Many people predicted this outcome, but that doesn’t make it bad. It works for this storyline imo.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Good episode but I hate that absolutely every single detail of the episode was super predictable based on reading this thread and talking offline with the homies.

It almost feels like all the growth Issa and Lawrence has been through in the past two seasons will be heavily tested in season 5 :wow:

Happy Andrew got off the sinking ship. I loved that the final straw was something as simple as her not wanting him to watch Looking 4 Latoya. :heh: It’s wild that he stayed calm and chill so long. Dude deserves a medal for that shyt.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Bitter marriage/divorce takes a massive toll on women, especially on a case by case situation. Safe could mean anything if it comes from a breh. It could be pullout or you on the pill, 95% you on the pill statement from a breh. A lot of times when they find someone desirable, they leech on it even if they know it's not for them because that marriage was taken from them, they want something that can't.

As a dude, I had the opposite reaction and I see I was wrong about it. I was thinking, if you been married before, you want to do it right by any means. Nope, not at all. Even in your 30s, if Ray-Ray knocked you up, you ain't keeping it. But let him be that guy you covet, you will think twice, long and hard about it.
Nah, if she was on the pill, he woulda said that, dudes stay with the “I thought you were on the pill”.... “I thought we were safe” means condoms or pullout gang lol

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
From Best Buy to his own office with an assistant, now this :francis:. You hate to see it.

Lawrence/Condolences could have been careful, but sometimes

f97f82bed0eb98142e9c6afa0a4876a1.gif

I imagine he will wind up staying in LA, to be closer to his child.

Nathan when he hears about the news :sas2:

Postpartum must have hit Tiffany hard :picard:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Nah, if she was on the pill, he woulda said that, dudes stay with the “I thought you were on the pill”.... “I thought we were safe” means condoms or pullout gang lol
Naw, nikkas be fukking raw b, it's always she's on the pill when nikkas say that 95% of the time. He would have got blamed if it was the condom.

If she got pregnant on the condom, he would have been hyper aggressively mad at that shyt.