Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don’t think they should’ve went the pregnancy route. But thinking about it from my own life... if you’re in your 30s, got your shyt together, the girl you get pregnant has her shyt together, isn’t crazy, and says you don’t have to be involved....

... there are worser Ls to have. :hubie:

The only real L is if he truly wanted to get back with Issa and this ruined it.
You know how many chicks told me that shyt when I was young. Well, just one but that said, she was the only older woman I've ever dealt with and some of these women just want you to be a sperm donor. shyt is cray, I didn't nut in her, ever or anyone at that point of my life. I realized women want good genes from a man just like we do from them to a degree.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This pregnancy is so cliche. An accidental pregnancy...in your 30s...with a man who was already back in a relationship with his ex??? Really???
All accidental pregnancies like this always and I mean always feature someone who's very attractive with traits she wants in his offspring with no consent from the man. My goodness, :scust:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I recently made the conscious decision to stop having sex with any woman who I don't see myself with longterm or at the bare minimum be willing to raise a child with if shyt falls apart. It's been tough because I need a nut but I can't live the way I did in my 20s anymore........that episode really spoke to my soul. I'd want to kill myself if I had to raise a child with some of the women I've placed my penis in. Might gotta take a walk real quick.
I made a decision after I was 22 after my senior year to be a born again virgin and just wait/look for my wife. 4 years strong, while I wasn't having luck finding my wife but spiritually, I was stronger than ever. Mentoring and everything. In the church 4-5 times a week. A year later, a woman was pregnant with my child and it wasn't someone I see as a wife for me. Yeah, I am just going to say this is an everyday thing and you help from everyone in this process. Just your will power might not be enough. shyt happens

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
All accidental pregnancies like this always and I mean always feature someone who's very attractive with traits she wants in his offspring with no consent from the man. My goodness, :scust:

Let’s first start with the fact that there’s a 0.01% chance of birth control failure. Everyone is not having an accidental pregnancy. Has Condola even met Lawrence’s family & vice versa? This is so off character.
:what:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Damn, hit home.

but got the rumored pregnancy and of course the molly implosion
My wife predicted this shyt was going to happen this ep. I felt it was going to happen before the end of the season. Molly is not wife material. She is finally girlfriend material and she's not realizing the growth involved to be marriage material is hardcore. We all have to become that. There is a skill to being a wife or at least a good one. Same for girlfriend. Same for good at sex. Same for a lot of shyt.

I had to learn it as well with my wife. I wasn't husband material at one point either. I had to develop like a mfer. shyt ain't natural. We so used to being solo dolo, it's not easy.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Let’s first start with the fact that there’s a 0.01% chance of birth control failure. Everyone is not having an accidental pregnancy. Has Condola even met Lawrence’s family & vice versa? This is so off character.
:what:
Naw, this is real life. I lived this bytch. Same exact situation. The broad was coming out of a marriage. Lawerence was basically me :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y’all are killing me with acting like people don’t accidentally get pregnant in their 30’s...one, some people really do rely on condoms as contraceptive which we know can break, fall off, etc, especially if you’re not at the stage of going raw with someone. I’m not big on unnecessary medication so I was never birth control gang unless I was in a committed relationship where I’d be letting him shoot up the club.

Also, by your 30’s, if you have your shyt together, not everyone is gonna run out and get an abortion. there’s no school to finish hanging over your head, your career might be established or well on its way, you’re wise enough to know raising a kid alone ain’t the worst thing, especially if you’re intelligent, emotionally mature and financially secure.

That said, this storyline is a little too messy, one we’ve seen before, and a cheap way to create a setback for them, they should’ve let the distance cause the problem next season, not a side baby

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
It’s an L regardless... You having a baby out there you have nothing to do with? Easy L... This baby fukking up your get back with the chic you wanted? Easy L.. Having a baby with a broad you don’t give 3 cats asses about? Massive L

:francis:

it all depends on how Lawrence wants to play it and what type of guy he is. He’s a tall nikka with his shyt together. He’s still gonna get p*ssy. :manny:

i didn’t say it wasn’t an L. There are just WORSE Ls to have.