Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
We need shortie with the post best buy p*ssy. :banderas:
If I was Lawrence I’d be diving in Tasha also :noah:, if you’re going to fukk with old relations, might aswell go all in.

Aparna (Indian/middle eastern chick) seemed smart and on Lawrence level though. She was upfront about his shytty pitch also. Seems like a cool chick tbh.

Daps
Not exactly. Per Issa’s conversation with Lawrence, she stated that Molly would discuss their issues when Molly was ready, they would restart self care Sunday & return back to normalcy. The brunch was more so an olive branch to get Molly to come around to have the talk...especially since we all know that Molly holds on the grudges indefinitely.

She never stated that.

You should rewatch that scene again. She just says they didn’t get deep into things, but she knows how Molly is: she’s still coolin off, and after a few more superficial encounters (ie self care Sundays), things would be back to normal. So like I said, she was just expecting things to fix themselves without ever actually addressing the cause of the fissure.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Call 130 pound Issa instead of your barbershop buddies or Andrew to lift heavy ass boxes horny brehs

:mjlit:

Imagine if Issa threw her back out and ended up like :dead:. Nathan would have probably evacuated the premises and taken his ass back to Houston :mjlol:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
The mystery continues....wonder if anyone can help me figure this shyt out. :feedme:

So....the portrait from the Art Walk is actually up at Lawrence's place. They show it above the couch.

Mystery-Insecure-Portrait.jpg

-Left of Issa's head at the Art Walk. (Pic 1)
-Behind couch in the middle of the shot. (Pic 2)

Looks like the most colorful portrait in his spot, but what the hell IS that thing? :ohlawd:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
The mystery continues....wonder if anyone can help me figure this shyt out. :feedme:

So....the portrait from the Art Walk is actually up at Lawrence's place. They show it above the couch.

Mystery-Insecure-Portrait.jpg

-Left of Issa's head at the Art Walk. (Pic 1)
-Behind couch in the middle of the shot. (Pic 2)

Looks like the most colorful portrait in his spot, but what the hell IS that thing? :ohlawd:

:patrice: Looks like a woman laying in the sun

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Molly's totally in the wrong here in my opinion. If she wanted to talk about issues from get go, then she should bring it up at the brunch. Why does Issa gotta do it? Issa has her own way of smoothing things out, she can't read Molly's mind. Then then wrong text is hella fukked up and she didn't even really apologize for it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ok molly was trifling for that text...who does that? :mjlol:

also OT but I’m say this before I forget again...I need to see her in person...don’t understand how a chic can go from being hot to trash and back...she (molly) be looking right one ep...then horrible the next...then back to looking good during an interview and back to looking wack the next smmfh

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
ok molly was trifling for that text...who does that? :mjlol:

also OT but I’m say this before I forget again...I need to see her in person...don’t understand how a chic can go from being hot to trash and back...she (molly) be looking right one ep...then horrible the next...then back to looking good during an interview and back to looking wack the next smmfh

Yeah she was sexy in the vacation episode in this episode she was trash

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Wow Molly is fukked up. That text shouldn't have really set Issa off though, of course things weren't automatically good
Naw it definitely should’ve. fukk that bytch mean “See I’m trying with her” when you’re literally doing the complete opposite, corny ass bytch. You didn’t even wanna play the drinking game! Everything about this wack ass bytch is corny, superficial and narcissistic. I don’t understand how she has defenders unless you really resonate with her personality... it’s crazy how irritating she’s become since S2. All this looking down on Issa like you, yourself, ain’t a big ass trip.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Surprised how many people think Molly & Issa just “grew apart”.... I think this more about a lack of growth. Both Molly and Issa are too immature and pretty to mend a relationship that is beneficial to both if them

Issa displays her immaturity by thinking it would take a few shallow, superficial encounters for them to get back to normal and all of the issues that led up to the fissure would just be water under the bridge. She’s 30+ year old adult, she needs to grow the fukk up and actually address problems not hope they magically fix themselves.

Molly displays her pettiness by drawing a line in the sand (requiring Issa to reach out) and then once she gets that drawing a new line in the sand (requiring Issa to bring up the block party). She sends an errant text and never even apologizes for what the text says, just that Issa wasn’t supposed to see it smh. She just referred to Issa as her best friend earlier in the episode, after all they’ve gone through, but her petty ass is still too self righteous to even try to mend fences.

Molly is feeling a bit too comfortable with the “longest relationship she’s ever had”, but if/when that ends, she’s in for a rude awakening. She has no other real close friends. Just as we’ve seen with Issa, they filled up a big part of each other’s lives. Shows like these are frustrating as an audience since we’re detached 3rd parties with a view of both sides. It’s easy for us to see that if they just communicated, they’d be so much better off, but from their vantage point things just ain’t that simple.
We see it with people so much and it seems more in women. They get the new relationship and feel happy with it and for some reason feel they can toss every other relationship to the side. Then eventually they get bored in the new relationship or fall out of the new relationship mode and expect the same friends they've essentially abandoned to be there waiting for them.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Naw it definitely should’ve. fukk that bytch mean “See I’m trying with her” when you’re literally doing the complete opposite, corny ass bytch. You didn’t even wanna play the drinking game! Everything about this wack ass bytch is corny, superficial and narcissistic. I don’t understand how she has defenders unless you really resonate with her personality... it’s crazy how irritating she’s become since S2. All this looking down on Issa like you, yourself, ain’t a big ass trip.

you never felt like Molly in a friendship?

not the texting the wrong person( even that has happened to everyone)

but feeling like you’re mentally and emotionally done with a friendship and even trying to reconcile would be pointless but cause you have history you can’t really just can’t say fukk it verbally

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
If I was Lawrence I’d be diving in Tasha also :noah:, if you’re going to fukk with old relations, might aswell go all in.

Aparna (Indian/middle eastern chick) seemed smart and on Lawrence level though. She was upfront about his shytty pitch also. Seems like a cool chick tbh.
He was tripping on that one, I had to leave #Lawrencehive after that. Tasha was down for him and lifted him up when his self esteem was down.