Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Is it worth watching this season? I haven't heard anyone talk about it that much.
Bruh, it’s season 4, if you’ve watched 3 seasons and still need to gauge if it’s worth watching due to how much others (dont) talk about it as opposed to having your own opinion about the show, you clearly don’t care for it

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Bruh, it’s season 4, if you’ve watched 3 seasons and still need to gauge if it’s worth watching due to how much others (dont) talk about it as opposed to having your own opinion about the show, you clearly don’t care for it
In his defense, season 3 was kind of garbage

:francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Last couple of eps have been good. I thought I really didn't want to see Lawrence get back with Issa bit they were so good together on their date I came around. It is rare you get along with the opposite sex that well, when you do and you are attracted to the person you gotta go for it IMO. I hope Lawrence takes the job in SF asks Issa to come with and she does.
Molly about to hit the iceberg and don't even know it. Andrew gave her advice about meeting Issa halfway, and she ignored it. She was totally dismissive of making amends with his brother and then changed the dinner order based on what she didn't like with out consulting dude. After the trip she should be kissing Andrew's ass not the other way around. He's gonna break-up with Molly then she is going to beg Issa to be friends like she wanted Issa to beg this ep. lol
And yeah, addressing Molly's drastically changing rating regarding her looks. She is just doing too much clothes wise. She likes to wear these cumbersome outfits that don't match the occasion or really suit her. I guess they are high fashion that's why she thinks it's dope but not all clothes are for everybody. Wear stuff that compliments you and overly contrived outfits look bad on everyone.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't think that Lawrence allowing her to help ol dude pack his apt was a shyt test to see if she cheat again . We will see if she pass the test next week :ufdup:. Remember fellas always protect the good nikka on the inside of you .... that's really want all the "Armour" is about .

I think a potential rift w/ her and lawrence will come about from her working in nate’s shop...he offered her an office room in the back or some shyt...looks like she’s gonna take him up on his offer based on the preview for the finale

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This last episode was definitely a step back in growth for Molly. I don't understand how you can see a therapist and then the worst version of yourself comes out.

Issa moving like it's a sure thing her and Lawrence are going to work out and it appears they are really just kicking it and fukking. Even when she tried to start the conversation there was no real answer in the end.

I also don't like how they inserted Condola in the last episode, like she really had something important to tell Lawrence and the payoff on that was Lawrence saying they talked and ended it.

Andrew is damn near at his wits end with Molly and I don't blame him. Dude has been patient for to long, he should really check Molly on her shyt and let her know it's a problem but I think he'll just end it and Molly will act like she was blindsided.

I was with Molly regarding the brunch. After everything that happened don't invite me out if you aren't prepared to talk about what needs to be talked about. I don't think it's fair to invite someone out the then pass the buck to them to bring up the conversation, but Molly could have tried to meet her halfway, but I don't feel like she had to.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Everybody kicking it and having fun and Molly the only one miserable. I'm not sure why anyone would want to associate with this broad anymore.
It’s hard to kick and have fun with someone that you have issues with and they’re carrying on like there’s no problem

real life doesn’t work like that

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It’s hard to kick and have fun with someone that you have issues with and they’re carrying on like there’s no problem

real life doesn’t work like that

I've noticed, in real life, a lot of grown adults like to use time and space as a method of forgiveness. Passive people that don't want to address real issues head on and would prefer to just get over it over time and then continue on with the relationship as if nothing happened. So I don't really find it odd people in this thread expected Molly to be ok with just hanging and chilling with Issa as if nothing was wrong. That is what people do these days. I say it again, a lot of people like Issa, because they are like Issa.

Daps
This last episode was definitely a step back in growth for Molly. I don't understand how you can see a therapist and then the worst version of yourself comes out.

I think the therapist had Molly convinced she needed to try to be better but then she walked out and got the voicemail from Issa and it all went out the window. She had a false sense of vindication that she was right all along and it lead directly to her regression.