Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Molly is just the most stubborn trash ass person to me man
Can't see the flaws in herself for shyt. Sent a fukked up text by mistake to Issa and said "Sorry you saw that it wasn't for you"
Made 0 effort to cultivate the relationship back even after therapy
Issa is a user definitely but she at least shelved her own issues to the side to try to get them on the right track first smh.

Andrew is waaay too good for for Molly (unless he's cheating which i'm not rollin with) he has to see how batshyt Molly is with her unwillingness to to step out of her own zones

She went to therapy, disregarded the therapist
Victor got Clippers tickets to apologize, she ditched em then was like "aye man you aint have to lie for me" :francis:
Issa reached out, paid for brunch, asked a million questions and got nothin back
How she dont see herself? I really hate people like that in real life and I hate that i know people like that in real life. She's the type of person that only is cool when she's up. Whenever she's down in a relationship that shyt goes to the bushes

30 and the last episode around Issa/Lawrence was scarily accurate. Lawrence got cheated on and he still took responsibility for it which is :wow: but really :hhh:. I felt that tho. Nathan disappearing to confront himself and his own issues before coming back made a whole lot of sense too.
Financial wise, you dont really got it til you do :yeshrug:
That was key. Not only did she not go, she had the nerve to say some shyt like that:francis:

rlg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue between Molly and Issa would have been solved either of them stepping up and asking if they could talk about what happened at the block party. The problem is I don't think Molly would have accepted her share of the blame. Issa shouldn't have stormed out the way she did, but she should definitely keep some distance from Molly. Molly thinks the world revolves around her and she can do no wrong. The therapist didn't even check her on that bs.

The whole story line of Lawrence getting back with Issa is in total contradictory with what a relatively successful black man should be doing. Generally speaking when women cheat they will at some point in the future on that same person if the relationship continues out of lack of respect for the dude for taking them back.

I give credit to Issa for mentioning Nathan to Lawrence, but Lawrence should have either checked it then or let Issa make her own decision and therefore determining how he should deal with from that point on. If Issa was really focused on rebuilding her relationship with lLawrence then she shouldn't compromise that just to help Nathan pack some boxes. They smashed one time on a ferris wheel and he ghosted her ass. That was basically it.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Did molly think she would never have to see his brother again? Go ahead and make peace with him if you’re serious about this relationship.

Issa should’ve definitely went to brunch with a plan to get that shyt out in the open and cleared up. BUT molly could’ve made SOME effort damn meet me halfway you see I’m trying bytch.

like the therapist said “do you wanna be right or do you want the relationship?”

stop trying to “WIN” all the time and stop being so willing to cut people out of your life over the slightest issues.

but I would’ve dipped out when I saw how funny molly was being and how she didn’t really want me to stay for dinner

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yet another dope episode. I was positive that opening montage would end with Issa rapping into a mirror:pachaha:Still haven't noticed Molly's "personal growth" to justify the growing apart sentiment. Just appears she's in the longest relationship of her life. Mind u dude was already close to bouncing and is increasingly frustrated with her selfish actions.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The whole story line of Lawrence getting back with Issa is in total contradictory with what a relatively successful black man should be doing. Generally speaking when women cheat they will at some point in the future on that same person if the relationship continues out of lack of respect for the dude for taking them back.

Dudes take women cheaters back all the time, successful or not. Hell even Scottie Pippen took Larsa back after Future discarded her.

Lawrence obviously feels some fault for letting it happen and still has feelings for Issa. That chemistry is hard to find. And neither one of them will find it again. I personally couldn’t take back a cheater... but I also would never let myself be down and out like Lawrence. So I personally can’t relate but I get it given how the characters have progressed over the show. Lawrence has gotten plenty of p*ssy and even been in a few relationships. None of his relationships post Issa have matched up. THAT is why he’s back

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The issue between Molly and Issa would have been solved either of them stepping up and asking if they could talk about what happened at the block party. The problem is I don't think Molly would have accepted her share of the blame. Issa shouldn't have stormed out the way she did, but she should definitely keep some distance from Molly. Molly thinks the world revolves around her and she can do no wrong. The therapist didn't even check her on that bs.

The whole story line of Lawrence getting back with Issa is in total contradictory with what a relatively successful black man should be doing. Generally speaking when women cheat they will at some point inthe future on that same person if the relationship continues out of lack of respect for the dude for taking them back.

I give credit to Issa for mentioning Nathan to Lawrence, but Lawrence should have either checked it then or let Issa make her own decision and therefore determining how he should deal with from that point on. If Issa was really focused on rebuilding her relationship with lLawrence then she shouldn't compromise that just to help Nathan pack some boxes. They smashed one time on a ferris wheel and he ghosted her ass. That was basically it.
I agree. This is my only gripe with the show. I was hoping Dola Darlin' popped back up.

Last edited:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must be a insufferable bytch. No way any sane person who watch the show would see the shyt like that. :hhh:

:gucci: first off, relax

Second of all, remind me of a point in time in which Issa was actually there for Molly? Since the beginning of the show Issa's been trash towards her. I literally can't remember a single time Issa's actually been there for Molly whereas Molly's always showing up for Issa.

Off the top, here are the ways in which Molly's been a way better friend or Issa's let her down since jump
1. Broken p*ssy
2. Issa texting her new jumpoff in the whip after broken p*ssy
3. Molly helping Issa get broken p*ssy taken down w/ Jared's help to protect Issa's career
4. Molly running interference on Daniel at Issa's fund raiser
5. Molly trying to have a heart to heart w/ Issa about the Dro shyt at the baby shower and Issa hitting her w/ the "Iono girl seems like a problem" before cutting her off to leave and take a call about her job
6. Issa ghosting Molly on Thanksgiving
7. Issa never having anything actually solid to contribute to Molly other than a line of advice here or there
8. Issa ignoring / playing off Molly's out reach early in Season 4 about her work and Andrew situation (Molly's a corporate lawyer who can barely balance her personal life as is, but makes time for Issa...goes to Coachella even though she's got a crazy weekend work-wise, rides with Issa in the Lyft prior to her date with Andrew with Issa assuming sh'e available - as soon as Issa starts getting any professional traction or responsibility, she's completely unavailable to Molly)
9. Issa only being compelled to reach out to Molly when she needs help w /the Nathan situation - quite literally the trigger for her reaching back out
10. Issa still hasn't apologized for her flaky, userish role in the friendship

I can't defend how Molly reacted at the block party, but once you look at the rap sheet :usure:.

The best she's gotten from Issa is a line of advice Are we watching the same show?

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Did molly think she would never have to see his brother again? Go ahead and make peace with him if you’re serious about this relationship.

Issa should’ve definitely went to brunch with a plan to get that shyt out in the open and cleared up. BUT molly could’ve made SOME effort damn meet me halfway you see I’m trying bytch.

like the therapist said “do you wanna be right or do you want the relationship?”

stop trying to “WIN” all the time and stop being so willing to cut people out of your life over the slightest issues.

but I would’ve dipped out when I saw how funny molly was being and how she didn’t really want me to stay for dinner
I pretty much agree with everything else but the bolded is on point. A lot of women are like this. Black, white whatever. The need to be right is the most important thing to them. It isnt solving a issue.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I pretty much agree with everything else but the bolded is on point. A lot of women are like this. Black, white whatever. The need to be right is the most important thing to them. It isnt solving a issue.

This is super facts right here.
So many women choose being right over peace and happiness. :snoop:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yall nikkas trippin. Issa was bogus as hel to act like nothing happened between them. She invited her to brunch and should have been the one to bring up their issues.
I think in real life in instances like that it's more important to repair the relationship and talk and laugh and remember why you're friends first to rebuild the foundation. Once that foundation is no longer shaky then address the issues. But with Molly that wouldn't matter if both sides don't want to admit their fault in anything. I've dated women like that where all they care about is how they feel wronged and don't want to hear any other viewpoint that isn't the other person apologizing and begging them back.

That text by Molly was foul. If somebody texts about me as if they hate me and are basically having to fake tolerating me to keep the peace then that relationship is deaded on spot. I've defended Molly on here a lot but here refusing to open up at the brunch and that text, combined with that shyt of picking up different food because she wasn't feeling it without communicating before hand lets you know she got a lot of work to do.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
There's no way Issa and Molly recover from this in a 30m episode next week. Worst part of the text wasn't even that she sent it to Issa by mistake...IMO it was that she's even thinking of Issa in that way altogether ("i'm trying")...as if she's not even a friend/sister anymore. I agree that Issa is oblivious sometimes, but still.

I bet next season Molly will finally be humbled across the board. The only area she's ever felt inferior is in the workplace. She's above everyone/everything else outside the office because she's used to being the one on top. Andrew might get sick of her in the season finale.

Last edited: