Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Overall this was a great episode. The awkward conversations had me stressing and were triggering. I HATE poor communicators. I feel like a rare being since I can communicate my feelings pretty well and without getting any type of emotional. I’m also very direct.

Lastly, Andrew HAS to break up with Molly for her to realize how selfish she’s being. She’s a miserable stubborn person.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just got back from a drive in movie night, Purple Rain
giphy.gif

I’m scrolling everywhere and I see A LOT when down!!! :damn:

Oh they got back together!!

and I NEED that Last Dragon shirt!! :noah:

I don’t know if they are “back together” officially but they DEFINITELY in the “fukking to catch feelings” phase lmao

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
K. So... we are clearly back at season 1 with a major break up. Like literally all season the writing has been on the wall and things came to a head.

um... Molly is a master deflector. For the kind of job she has she never wants to take her battles on, like ever. Although some situations are not her fault she expects everyone to come to her to make things right. And that’s not how the world works. Molly is stubborn af. (I’m told I’m stubborn af by a lot of people so THAT shyt got to me ).

Molly and Issa FINALLY talking about the tension was so needed but FAWWWWK—- it also got to me cause friends grow apart. But I’m the sense of each other doing well for themselves... come on!! That’s just fukked up.

okay let me move on to Issa and her mended relationship with Lawrence. So... opening scene I’m yelling at the tv like ‘THIS AINT REAL!! This is a fantasy!!! Issa is staring in the mirror day dreaming as a nod to the fantasy sequence from season 1... maybe season 2 when Issa fantasized about her and Lawrence going full on married with kids... but NOPE it’s real!! And they are in the stage of up & up on that Bae Stage with some legit passion. Obviously, exes are still a factor but both are fronting like it ain’t. :beli:

I like how they threw in the Nathan factor in the SAME way of Condola/Issa/ Lawrence—- My ex is still around but it’s not like that—- is that cool??:patrice:

Nathan still want Issa but Issa is in that Bae stage—- And her heart is FULLY invested in being back with Lawrence.

I don’t like how Issa deflected towards Nathan when he called her out on her shyt when he was trying to let her know that she was moving a bit too fast to be back with her ex. Which is so true.
She was bogus as hell to throw him disappearing on her like that. She’s obviously still hurt about it, but she should have talked to him about that when they were hanging out way back when.

mental health is a thing to not take lightly.
:mjcry:

I need to go back to my therapist.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Yall nikkas trippin. Issa was bogus as hel to act like nothing happened between them. She invited her to brunch and should have been the one to bring up their issues.
giphy.gif

nah be a grown ass adult and meet a nikka halfway. Issa put her big girl panties on and was the one to reach out. She was the one trying to initiate conversation the whole time. Molly just an annoying ass bytch that want everyone to bend over backwards for her. fukk her :pacspit:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
What did Molly expect her to do? :pachaha:
Molly like them annoying manipulative ass broads that get mad that you don't "fight for the relationship". on some "you just gonna let me go like that? you must've never loved me anyways if you let me go that easily" :shaq2:

SN: To the brehs and brehettes in the show's demographic (early 30s), how accurate is the show's depiction of your demographic is (socially, financially, culturally etc)?
I don't know how life is in LA to compare financially to DMV, but socially and culturally the show is on point. there are friends that you got into all types of fukkery with in your 20s that yall just end up outgrowing each other once you hit your 30s. the messy nature of fukkin your ex from years back, especially after she sees how you done leveled up financially since yall broke up. she want that ol thing back

Andrew is waaay too good for for Molly (unless he's cheating which i'm not rollin with) he has to see how batshyt Molly is with her unwillingness to to step out of her own zones

She went to therapy, disregarded the therapist
Victor got Clippers tickets to apologize, she ditched em then was like "aye man you aint have to lie for me" :francis:
Issa reached out, paid for brunch, asked a million questions and got nothin back
How she dont see herself? I really hate people like that in real life and I hate that i know people like that in real life. She's the type of person that only is cool when she's up. Whenever she's down in a relationship that shyt goes to the bushes
If ching chong don't break up with this annoying ass bytch I swear :heh:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Wow Molly is fukked up. That text shouldn't have really set Issa off though, of course things weren't automatically good

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Andrew about to get tired of Molly’s shyt next episode.
Her not going with him to meet up with his brother let him know where he stands with her.
:mjlol: at Mommy getting tight because Issa OK'd her assessment that they've grown apart
I’m like, how the fukk you get mad when you say some shyt like that to a person who obviously was trying to make up.
I can't stand Issa's character if I'ma keep it 100%. Way I see it Molly shoulda been bombed on her using ass. And she's still on the same BS - only hitting up Molly when she needs something. Nothing has really changed - she gives Molly nothing tangible.
You must be a insufferable bytch. No way any sane person who watch the show would see the shyt like that. :hhh: