Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just knew this was the season finale because the previous three season only ran 8 episodes AND they were playing Lawrence and Issa meet up card. I guess they said "If we gonna make em wait 2 years, might a well give them a couple extra episodes".

The thing that stood out to me the most about this episode is their chemistry. Coming into the series, you legit wondered why they were even together. But we were seeing them at the end, when both had pretty much checked out. And yes I know Lawrence bought a ring but laying up on the couch all day everyday and beign so full of self pity that your girl purposely avoids you and considering just saying "fukk it" and moving back home is pretty checked out. This episode really showcases why they were together, why the fell for each other. You can look at how they got along and the wavelength that they share and easily see why their other relationships haven't worked out. They just fit. That said, if they hadn't seperated neither of them would be in the space that they are in now and they probably would have ended up hating each other. I do like how they left it open at the end. They might end up married or we might not see the nikka again and either route would be make perfect sense and has been built up properly. That's quality writing.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Condola seem like the black bougie type that don't do accidental pregnancies. She would get it taken care of on her own.

Plus she just got out of a divorce she didn't want nothing serious. It wouldn't make sense

Episode was fuego overall:ehh:
This is what I was telling my wife when she and the twitterverse were talking about they think she pregnant. Condola has had so little screentime that we haven't really gotten to know much about her character. But 2 things we do know for sure are that she's extremely organized and she doesn't want a family. Going off the fact that they emphasized those 2 things specifically, I feel it would be poor writing and cheap to then have her pop up pregnant. I've dated or known a few women like Condola, and they don't usually leave that shyt up to chance.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is what I was telling my wife when she and the twitterverse were talking about they think she pregnant. Condola has had so little screentime that we haven't really gotten to know much about her character. But 2 things we do know for sure are that she's extremely organized and she doesn't want a family. Going off the fact that they emphasized those 2 things specifically, I feel it would be poor writing and cheap to then have her pop up pregnant. I've dated or known a few women like Condola, and they don't usually leave that shyt up to chance.

Exactly. If Condola's pregnant... it would be bad. Poor, lazy, cheap writing to create 'drama'.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
My favorite episode of the entire show.

Was just gonna say. This might be the best damn episode of the series :ehh:

I've had my up and downs with this show, checked in and out of it multiple times (still havent finished certain seasons) etc., but they've bounced back heavy. Ole girl Natasha did her thing with this 1.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
It’s all coming full circle...
:mjcry:

from Tasha to Aparna to all them hoes he was fukkin to Condola...
Issa is the only one that feels right to him
:yeshrug:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I may have missed it, but what has Molly done to earn this man's undying support? All I can think of is the endless fukkshyt he has to put up with because of her and I don't have a clue why he's putting himself through it.

I think they may have made Molly too unlikable for that relationship to believable.
Nah breh, simps run rampant in our society. Any relationship where a girl shyts on the dude constantly but the guy keeps treating her like a queen is believable because of that dynamic. Sometimes we think certain things on TV aren't "believable" because they defy basic logic but fact of the matter is the majority of society acts illogically and against their own benefit.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don’t know how y’all are writing this off as Lawrence simping, they were together for 5 yrs, anyone who has been in a long term relationship knows feelings don’t always just get shut off. I know so many on again off again, “complicated” couples (myself included :snoop: ) this shyt is a realistic relationship dynamic. Everyone doesn’t have the clean break or perfect date for two years then married + kids path.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Nah breh, simps run rampant in our society. Any relationship where a girl shyts on the dude constantly but the guy keeps treating her like a queen is believable because of that dynamic. Sometimes we think certain things on TV aren't "believable" because they defy basic logic but fact of the matter is the majority of society acts illogically and against their own benefit.
Talk to em’!

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know how y’all are writing this off as Lawrence simping, they were together for 5 yrs, anyone who has been in a long term relationship knows feelings don’t always just get shut off. I know so many on again off again, “complicated” couples (myself included :snoop: ) this shyt is a realistic relationship dynamic. Everyone doesn’t have the clean break or perfect date for two years then married + kids path.
Nah, I dont think people look at Lawrence as a simp. The simp reference is for the Asian cat.