Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
FrigidNippyFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

Issa fire, breh...

A smart woman like that with a calm demeanor, witty, and can laugh at herself? Homegirl a 10.

When Lawrence walked off on her as a joke, and she didn't even trip... just quietly hit the :francis: to herself... how many woman you know would play it cool like that, and how many would respond with the loud ass "ohhh hell nahhhh!!!!"

It's too many emotionally unstable Mollys in my life. I'd dropkick them in a heartbeat for a shot at an average looking girl with the personality of Issa :mjcry:

She glowed up but never forget she started out like this:

hbo-PMRS1006702-SB-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1502562314568._SX1080_.jpg

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

With that said I'm not sure why y'all so giddy over what happened. I don't think this night meant the same thing to both of them and in the end it's Issa that's going to end up hurt. Lawrence is lowkey toxic as fukk. Deep down he knows this shyt don't mean anything to him at the end of the day, probably going to go see Condola and fukk her too. :pachaha:

Also this kind of proves Molly's point that Issa likes shyt messy. I'm sure knowing he was supposed to go see Condola played a part in her wanting to stay.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

With that said I'm not sure why y'all so giddy over what happened. I don't think this night meant the same thing to both of them and in the end it's Issa that's going to end up hurt. Lawrence is lowkey toxic as fukk. Deep down he knows this shyt don't mean anything to him at the end of the day, probably going to go see Condola and fukk her too. :pachaha:

Also this kind of proves Molly's point that Issa likes shyt messy. I'm sure knowing he was supposed to go see Condola played a part in her wanting to stay.

:mjlit: You see it. Lawrence made sure Issa saw he was still in contact w Condola and told her straight up what it was. Let her decide on how it goes

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What makes Lawrence toxic? I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean happily ever after, but I don't think this was just a pump and dump. If he just wanted some box he could've hookded up with Condola or one of his other randoms. It seems like his orignal plan was to hash shyt out with Issa and then smash Condola after the fact. Then they caught that vibe and Condola was an afterthought.

Let's be real, it was apparent the moment they entered that apartment together that they were fukking. They got hella history and chemisty and yeah I'm sure the competive instinct kicked in too. I'm not sure that's messy though. I am also not sure that Ms. Married Childhood Friend fukker/Let me hook up with the BF of the dude that ghosted my BF should be the one judging messiness.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
What makes Lawrence toxic? I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean happily ever after, but I don't think this was just a pump and dump. If he just wanted some box he could've hookded up with Condola or one of his other randoms. It seems like his orignal plan was to hash shyt out with Issa and then smash Condola after the fact. Then they caught that vibe and Condola was an afterthought.

Let's be real, it was apparent the moment they entered that apartment together that they were fukking. They got hella history and chemisty and yeah I'm sure the competive instinct kicked in too. I'm not sure that's messy though. I am also not sure that Ms. Married Childhood Friend fukker/Let me hook up with the BF of the dude that ghosted my BF should be the one judging messiness.

In all honestly he could have said what he wanted to say over the phone. I know more than a few women I used to talk to that I could invite out, show some vulnerability and growth and they'd want to fukk by the end of the night. Ask yourself this, as far as we know, was there any real purpose to what Lawrence had to say? At the end of the day what is the real point. I had to grow and learn some shyt just don't need to be said on the way out or after a relationship is over, when it doesn't actually mean anything, especially when you know that other person still has feelings for you because all that's going to do is give them false hope.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all honestly he could have said what he wanted to say over the phone. I know more than a few women I used to talk to that I could invite out, show some vulnerability and growth and they'd want to fukk by the end of the night. Ask yourself this, as far as we know, was there any real purpose to what Lawrence had to say? At the end of the day what is the real point. I had to grow and learn some shyt just don't need to be said on the way out or after a relationship is over, when it doesn't actually mean anything, especially when you know that other person still has feelings for you because all that's going to do is give them false hope.

There is truth there. However, Lawrence didn't need to do any of that to get the box from Issa. That's what makes me think it's geniuine. Otherwise he could've hit her with the "U up" and we all know she would buss it open for him. I don't think we can make an accurate assessment until we see how it plays out. Maybe he missed her and wants that old thing back. Maybe he wanted closure. It's possible he just wanted some box, but once again he ain't need to go through all that for it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
There is truth there. However, Lawrence didn't need to do any of that to get the box from Issa. That's what makes me think it's geniuine. Otherwise he could've hit her with the "U up" and we all know she would buss it open for him. I don't think we can make an accurate assessment until we see how it plays out. Maybe he missed her and wants that old thing back. Maybe he wanted closure. It's possible he just wanted some box, but once again he ain't need to go through all that for it.

Well my original point wasn't based on them solely having sex. And you are correct we don't yet know what his intentions are until it all plays out, but based on what we know about the characters we can surmise unless the writers completely flips the script on us. And I think you hit the nail on the head, we don't know what Lawrence wanted, and the biggest issue is I don't think Lawrence does either, which is exactly why he shouldn't be playing with Issa's feelings.

Last edited:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Sidenote, Jay Ellis was an executive producer on a short show called Daytime Noir that's on Hulu. It's like 10 minutes total, just watch it :pachaha:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

:mjlit: You see it. Lawrence made sure Issa saw he was still in contact w Condola and told her straight up what it was. Let her decide on how it goes
Jury is still out on Lawrence. If anything Issa seemed to be cooler about everything the morning after than Lawrence was.

nikka was surprised she got up and got dressed so quickly. Asking her if she needed a ride. She was like na I'm straight. Plus she still got Nathan on the side as well. She done grown up. But clearly they both still got heavy feelings for each other but with her new found maturity and growth I don't think Issa gonna let herself get played so easily

Plus looks like in the previews she was the one who put on her big girl panties to pick up the phone and finally hash shyt out with Molly.

Issa coming across a lot more mature now