Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Condola is going to be pregnant and she won't want a relationship with Lawrence. He will tell Issa who won't be down for raising another person's child.

I will be in my feelings about it :mjcry:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Hope they don't go the surprise baby route, as Condola strike me as the type that's "too together" for an accidental pregnancy(birth control if not tubes tied) and would get an abortion since that's "not where she is in life" or some shyt :patrice:

That's where the show messed up, as these early 30-somethings consistently doing early 20's shyt isn't as believable :ld:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Hope they don't go the surprise baby route, as Condola strike me as the type that's "too together" for an accidental pregnancy(birth control if not tubes tied) and would get an abortion since that's "not where she is in life" or some shyt :patrice:

That's where the show messed up, as these early 30-somethings consistently doing early 20's shyt isn't as believable :ld:

Yeah - I still think Insecure is very high quality, but that would be a 'jump the shark' moment from me where it starts to devolve into a random soap opera.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It’s funny watching the praise of the chemistry Jay and Issa have, because Jay and Lauren London were horrid on the game - no chemistry and no acting skill - he’s improved a lot
I wonder if that was a case of Lauren London dragging him down cause he had nothing to work with in regards to her. I thought he was okay in the scenes outside of her.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
It’s funny watching the praise of the chemistry Jay and Issa have, because Jay and Lauren London were horrid on the game - no chemistry and no acting skill - he’s improved a lot
I was just watching The Game earlier today....didn't realize I hadn't watched the last season. Yeah, she's not that good of an actress lol

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I haven't been back home for a minute but a few years back there was a short documentary I watched about all the black people are getting gentrified out of their homes because their children can't afford to buy in the neighborhood. A bunch of NY cacs have been moving there because it was the most "affordable" housing they can buy outside of culver city :mjcry:. TBH in 20 yrs I wouldn't be surprised if most of the westside becomes a cac enclave :scust: