Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I haven't been back home for a minute but a few years back there was a short documentary I watched about all the black people are getting gentrified out of their homes because their children can't afford to buy in the neighborhood. A bunch of NY cacs have been moving there because it was the most "affordable" housing they can buy outside of culver city :mjcry:. TBH in 20 yrs I wouldn't be surprised if most of the westside becomes a cac enclave :scust:

Damn i thought it was a prominent area where homes were being passed through families

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Honestly, she's not ugly or anything...but she's not sexy neither, don't see her as that type...see her as a homegirl type
FrigidNippyFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

Issa fire, breh...

A smart woman like that with a calm demeanor, witty, and can laugh at herself? Homegirl a 10.

When Lawrence walked off on her as a joke, and she didn't even trip... just quietly hit the :francis: to herself... how many woman you know would play it cool like that, and how many would respond with the loud ass "ohhh hell nahhhh!!!!"

It's too many emotionally unstable Mollys in my life. I'd dropkick them in a heartbeat for a shot at an average looking girl with the personality of Issa :mjcry:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

Issa fire, breh...

A smart woman like that with a calm demeanor, witty, and can laugh at herself? Homegirl a 10.

When Lawrence walked off on her as a joke, and she didn't even trip... just quietly hit the :francis: to herself... how many woman you know would play it cool like that, and how many would respond with the loud ass "ohhh hell nahhhh!!!!"

It's too many emotionally unstable Mollys in my life. I'd dropkick them in a heartbeat for a shot at an average looking girl with the personality of Issa :mjcry:

No

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think somebody is getting married next season.

No idea who, but these shows usually have a pregnancy and or wedding subplot at some point, especially when characters start settling down with stable jobs and homes in their 30's.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Issa fire, breh...

nikka No :childplease: :mjlol:
She's also a cheating ass bird that was thotting around with a TSA agent and a breh with mental health issues. Issa for everybody, and you over there romanticizing her when Lawrence told her and the viewing audience at the table that she aint shyt. :rudy:

Great writing and cinematography but overall I hated this episode. Im glad Lawrence got his closure and smashed one more time for the culture but I hope thats where it ends. :camby:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
nikka No :childplease: :mjlol:
She's also a cheating ass bird that was thotting around with a TSA agent and a breh with mental health issues. Issa for everybody, and you over there romanticizing her when Lawrence told her and the viewing audience at the table that she aint shyt. :rudy:
1. I wouldn't ever bum it up on my girl's couch for a year nor would I hold any of her actions thereafter against her.

2. Who a woman consciously decides to lay with is her business, especially outside of a committed relationship. That shyt with Lawrence was well over when she stepped out.

3. Lawrence been around the block and then some... and he right back to Issa. You may not see it but it's a lot of value in a woman with a dope ass personality. I'm starting to see this a lot more as I'm getting older. Looks just ain't hitting like they used to :ld: