Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

This is why I love the show. The realness is uncanny. Her review of this episode is some of the realest shyt. She unintentionally explained to me why women hate the character Lawrence. And also explains why women don’t like nice guys.

Wow:wow:

Accountability is a bytch!

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

This is why I love the show. The realness is uncanny. Her review of this episode is some of the realest shyt. She unintentionally explained to me why women hate the character Lawrence. And also explains why women don’t like nice guys.

Don't know why I listened to so much of it but it was funny to me. That nice guy shyt is dead on. I've gotten so much p*ssy from trying not to get p*ssy. Just holding good conversation and hitting on them just enough to let them think I might be interested without full blown hitting on them has gotten me far. The woman's ego goes out of control and they turn up the aggression. It's fukked up too but if you don't treat them bad but also don't give them your all it's frustrating as fukk for women but keeps their attention and keeps them from being bored. They'll eventually reach a boiling point and end things while always leaving that door open. I had so many exes as friends for that reason before I realized what an a$$hole I was being for giving them that hope. Thank goodness I matured from how I used to be.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

She basically hated that the nikka wasn't on some fukkboy shyt to be able to easily place the blame on him.

bytches hate feeling like some shyt is their fault.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Don't know why I listened to so much of it but it was funny to me. That nice guy shyt is dead on. I've gotten so much p*ssy from trying not to get p*ssy. Just holding good conversation and hitting on them just enough to let them think I might be interested without full blown hitting on them has gotten me far. The woman's ego goes out of control and they turn up the aggression. It's fukked up too but if you don't treat them bad but also don't give them your all it's frustrating as fukk for women but keeps their attention and keeps them from being bored. They'll eventually reach a boiling point and end things while always leaving that door open. I had so many exes as friends for that reason before I realized what an a$$hole I was being for giving them that hope. Thank goodness I matured from how I used to be.
Right... Funny thing is you did the right thing. You feel bad about it isn’t morally. We as men have to understand women don’t operate like we do. It isn’t bad or good. They’re just different. And what we think right isn’t to them.
She basically hated that the nikka wasn't on some fukkboy shyt to be able to easily place the blame on him.

Ding Ding ding... We have a winner!

Daps

This

Lawrence is definitely a passive guy, but he took a lot of accountability in that episode once he got over his anger and resentment of the cheating

tbh im not a fan of this route just because it further validates the women (that hates lawrence) equating premeditated cheating with being an unattentative partner during a down phase ... those are two separate and not equal problems imo

but i get that this is still a tv show so they gotta dramatize shyt

Last edited:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This

Lawrence is definitely a passive guy, but he took a lot of accountability in that episode once he got over his anger and resentment of the cheating

tbh im not a fan of this route just because it further validates the women (that hates lawrence) equating premeditated cheating with being an unattentative partner during a down phase ... those are two separate and not equal problems imo

but i get that this is still a tv show so they gotta dramatize shyt

This is by far the most annoying aspect of some women's take on Insecure and Issa / Lawrence. They don't understand that what she did was almost the worst thing you can do to a dude in that situation. You'd think Issa was the victim. It's not like she broke up with Lawrence and started dating doctors or MDs at Goldman. She nuked their relationship on an itch and then treated the next dude who was actually attentive like the user she is.

I also don't understand the hate towards Molly on Issa's behalf for the same reason. Issa's been a POS friend for the entire series

Also, as soon as she, you know, actually started vocalizing the issue to Lawrence he was trying to correct it for the sake of their relationship. But the cheating nuked their relationship.

Last edited: