Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Yeah, Condola continuing to blow up Lawrence's phone and the Tuesday meeting had me thinking pregnancy as well. Although I don't know if the show is going in that direction :patrice:.

Overall this was a great episode. The 2 have so much history and chemistry between each other :wow:. And both have grown professionally/emotionally from where there relationship ended. Even if Issa is still hella clumsy :lolbron:

Issa blurting out they were from Alaska and the Lyft driver telling Lawrence to propose :mjlol:

TSA breh popping up again and the Lawrence fake-out before the art walk :francis:

The whole riff on Bourne Identity riff

And of course this shot here

jwp4Glz.jpg

That symbolism in that shot :lupe:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I can relate with Lawrence... sometimes you get in your Simp bag and wonder what if to get your ex back for a situationship....Then you realize

FrigidNippyFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

And break her heart again for good :mjcry:
Fam I'm so guilty of that shyt. Me and the mother of my children have crazy chemistry with each other to the point I avoid us being alone for too long because I know those feelings pop back up. She's still in love with me while I know I'd just fukk for a while before getting tired of her shyt and break her heart all over again. Like clockwork every 3-4 months she hits me with the "have you thought of us getting back together" texts.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This was probably in my top 3 episodes of Insecure.
The director, cinematographer and Natasha Rothwell put their foot in this episode. This one felt way different than the other past shows, minimal music,
just mostly ambient sound and adult dialogue.
This reminded me of Barry Jenkins first film, Medicine for Melancholy, a black couple who has a one night stand and goes on a date around the city afterward.

Issa and Lawrence killed it to me. That scene where Issa was like I don't want to go and they both started breathing a little heavier because of anticipation and the weight of the moment.

:ohlawd:

Bravo.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This was probably in my top 3 episodes of Insecure.
The director, cinematographer and Natasha Rothwell put their foot in this episode. This one felt way different than the other past shows, minimal music,
just mostly ambient sound and adult dialogue.
This reminded me of Barry Jenkins first film, Medicine for Melancholy, a black couple who has a one night stand and goes on a date around the city afterward.

Issa and Lawrence killed it to me. That scene where Issa was like I don't want to go and they both started breathing a little heavier because of anticipation and the weight of the moment.

:ohlawd:

Bravo.

I don't think Issa is a good actress at all, but she has great natural chemistry with Jay Ellis. It just works. This was a really, really well done episode by all.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good ep. They left driver saying do it now nikka was hilarious

That was funny as shyt. I probably laughed for a good minute or two longer than I should have.

Episode was real as fukk, though.

That dinner conversation hit hard in my house because my lady and I broke up and eventually ended up getting back together. It's funny that for the ones you don't give a shyt about, you can tell them why y'all didn't work in a text while you're at work, or something. But the for the ones you had something real with, it almost always feels like you never find the right time or way to have that talk.

But when you do.......:jawalrus: