Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
LnckLe4.jpg

Thought this shot was dope. Simple, but effective for the overall story arc of these two characters.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Perfect episode, loved the chemistry of familiarity with Lawrence and Issa. Just spent on Friday a few moments with some girl I've known for almost nine years, professional/personal, and we are similar, not exes, but are so comfortable in each other's company, it feels very intimate, even if nothing is overtly said or done. That's almost the best kind of relationship.

The show gets a lot right about modern dating, like the best parts of a Drake record, without being too forced, Lawerence texting while Issa was in the bathroom, just that whole sequence was very relatable.

That flashlight moment in the Lyft was hilarious

"eyes forward please"

Was out at protests, or watching it unravel all day, was a great way to end the night, if somewhat grim day.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Great great episode. A real conversation between the two leads that needs to happen

I can't front, I like when Issa and Lawrence are together. This episode had me happy as hell lol

Shouts to Natasha Rothwell for writing this one, she killed it
Hopefully this episode propels her career like the thanksgiving episode of master of none propelled Lena Waithe’s...

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, Condola continuing to blow up Lawrence's phone and the Tuesday meeting had me thinking pregnancy as well. Although I don't know if the show is going in that direction :patrice:.

Overall this was a great episode. The 2 have so much history and chemistry between each other :wow:. And both have grown professionally/emotionally from where there relationship ended. Even if Issa is still hella clumsy :lolbron:

Issa blurting out they were from Alaska and the Lyft driver telling Lawrence to propose :mjlol:

TSA breh popping up again and the Lawrence fake-out before the art walk :francis:

The whole riff on Bourne Identity riff

And of course this shot here

jwp4Glz.jpg

It could be (pregnancy) that one scene a couple episodes ago when Lawrence was with his boy tending to the baby could be seen as a foreshadow :sas2:.

If the writers are legit/about that pen then it will happen

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Perfect episode, loved the chemistry of familiarity with Lawrence and Issa. Just spent on Friday a few moments with some girl I've known for almost nine years, professional/personal, and we are similar, not exes, but are so comfortable in each other's company, it feels very intimate, even if nothing is overtly said or done. That's almost the best kind of relationship.

The show gets a lot right about modern dating, like the best parts of a Drake record, without being too forced, Lawerence texting while Issa was in the bathroom, just that whole sequence was very relatable.

That flashlight moment in the Lyft was hilarious

"eyes forward please"

Was out at protests, or watching it unravel all day, was a great way to end the night, if somewhat grim day.

sounds like you’ve been friend zoned

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Accountability. Transparency. Closure.

Natasha wrote the hell out of this episode :whew:

agreed.,.best ep this season by far..i felt that..esp the part where issa and lawrence ran into the security and his new chick and dude casually told lawrence they used to get it in :heh:...i can relate